THIRTY THREE

I'd just like to say THANK YOU for 100K READS!!! You guys are the best! Also, this chapter has practically been sitting in my brain for four years and I'm so excited to publish it. Enjoy!!

With an hour to go, I could not believe that this had happened. How could I have lost this bloody ticket. It was the only thing that was extremely important to bring to the Hogwarts train. I wouldn't be able to board without it.

"Where did you see it last?" Mum asked me. I thought back to a few weeks ago when we had gotten our letters. I must have brought it along when we went to Diagon Alley, which meant that I must have left it along with my list in my sweater pocket which was in the closet downstairs.

"Dad!" I called down.

"What, honey?" He yelled back from the bottom.

"Can you check my sweater pocket, I think my ticket is in there with my list." I told him and pointed towards the closet. He walked in and looked through. I went back to my room and quickly started to change and put the rest of my things back into my trunk after throwing it all out in haste.

"Eliza! Get down here right now, young lady!" My father's voice came booming up. Lily poked her head out of her own room and looked at me. We shared a worried glance and then I ran downstairs. I knew better than to move without haste when it came to these situations. My dad wasn't cruel in any way so it must have been something bad to get him to act like this. Oh dear, me.

"Yes, dad?" I asked cautiously. He was standing in the hall with my sweater and in one hand was a pile of cigarettes, Sirius' cigarettes.

"Would you care to explain why you are smoking? I've raised you better than to indulged in these. They are horrible for you and I don't care what the ads say." He said. He was quieter now, which I wasn't sure was a good thing.

"Dad," I said slowly, "Those aren't mine. They're Sirius', I know they are horrible, that's why I took them, so that he could stop. You know I would never." I finished. He seemed to calm slightly, and I knew that he wasn't going to blow up anymore.

"Well, if they really are Sirius' then we better go and give them back. Come on, before the train leaves, let's get going." He told me and opened the door. My eyes widened. He was testing me, making sure that I wasn't lying to him. I rolled my eyes and slipped my feet into a pair of shoes before walking out before him. He closed the door after and handed me the pile of killers as we walked across the street. I rang the doorbell when I got there. I don't think my father had ever been inside their house.

"Eliza, darling, what are you doing here? Isn't the train leaving soon? Or are you here for another fill?" Mrs Potter inquired, shocked to see me this early, and not scheduled.

"No, Mrs Potter, Eliza here needs to see Sirius, she has something of his." My dad said sternly and I gave her a small, sheepish smile. I felt like a little girl who had stolen something from the market and in consequence, my parents were making me return it.

"Well of course, Mr Evans. I'll go get him, step in and make yourself comfortable." She said and closed the door after we had stepped in, and went to fetch him. I stood awkwardly beside my dad as he looked around, probably awed at the self moving broom and dustpan that were cleaning. Sirius came down a minute later, his hair was still wet and I could tell he was just gotten out of the shower and shoved on a shirt to be presentable. If it was just me, I doubt he would have cared.

"Nice to see you, Mr Evans." He said carefully and shook his hand after I shot him a look.

"You too, Sirius. Now, Eliza would like to give you back something that belongs to you." he said and gestured for me to return his cigarettes. I shoved them in his hand and then crossed my arms with a humph. I could see that he was biting back his laughter, but the twinkle in his eyes gave him away; I shot him a mocking smile.