THIRTY ONE

In the end, I took the thousand galleons. There was no point in rejecting it, seeing as it wouldn't bring Dimitar back. I was also graduating next year, which meant that if I was going to find my own flat then I would have to have some pocket money. I had worked hard for it after all, and the countless hours I had spent over the course of this year training, planning, preparing, were not to be wasted. 

I grabbed the two garment bags hanging in my side of the closet, pausing for a moment before shoving them into my truck. I was back to the beginning of the year when I hadn't packed up my things till the last moment. At least I had woken up early enough. I piled the rest of my clothes in top and shoved my books in where ever I could. 

"Ready?" Lily asked from beside me. 

"Yeah. Do you remember that spell that does that thing. You know what I'm talking about, with the trunk?" I asked her. She looked at me like I had two heads. 

"I really don't" She hold me and then I got it.

"Oh! Wingardium Leviosa!" I said and did the swish and flick movement with my wand. Lily cracked up behind me. "Oh, put a sock in it." I huffed as I walked behind my trunk, guiding it down the stairs. She gasped behind me. When I had gotten it down, I left it in the corner of the common room with everyone else's and waited for my sister to bring hers down. 

"Ready to go home?" She asked as we walked down to the entrance, arms linked. 

"I'm ready for this year to be over, that's for sure." I told her truthfully. She rubbed the side of my arm as we met up with Marlene, Adara and Mary to catch the next carriage that would bring us to the Hogsmead train station. 

I sat in a lull as the train pulled out of the station. I wished I had eaten more at breakfast, and paid more attention to what my friends had been doing. I was more caught up in my own affairs that I had completely missed a whole bunch. They talked forever about things I had no idea were happening; about the newest boy for Marlene and the pen pal Mary had made from Beauxbatons.

 After a while I grew bored, and let my mind drift off towards dangerous things. I had told myself that I had mourned enough and I was going to start to move past this, but in reality it was a fresh wound that needed time to heal. I stood up, shaking the thoughts and stretching my legs.

"Where are you going?" Julia asked me.

"I'm going to go find James and Sirius." I replied before shoving my wand in my pocket and opening the sliding compartment door. I wandered down the hall for a bit before having to walk into another car. After a few minutes I heard the faint bark of a laugh that belonged to Sirius and reached their compartment in a matter of minutes. I knocked on the door, and still laughing, the four Marauders looked up. James beckoned me in.

"Hey, Eliza. What's up." He asked me. I sat down and laid across his lap as if I was exhausted. 

"My sister is boring me, please tell me you boys are doing something more entertaining than gossiping." I said faintly and place the back of my hand on my forehead in an air of tired breathlessness. They laughed. I looked up at Sirius who was sitting on the same bench as James and for a second I saw an expression change in his face. He drew it back as soon as it came, but in made me wonder what he was thinking about. 

"What's your sister talking about? Me?" James asked. I sat up and squished myself between the two boys.

"Maybe, I wasn't paying attention. Go ask her." I replied. Immediately he stood up with a stupid grin on his face and messed up his hair before fixing his glasses.

"You know what, I think I will." He told me and walked out of the compartment, turning to the left.

"Wrong way." I called after him and he turned around to go right. I laughed before settling with a smile.