3. I'm Going Out of Frequency

{Song- Avalanche by Bring Me The Horizon}

I walk into school that morning slowly, very unwillingly. I had gotten here late to avoid the rush of teenagers trying to get to their classes, so it's easy getting to my locker and first class. My teacher in first period doesn't care if I'm a little late or not, he knows I'm a good student.

First, second, third, and forth period crawled by slowly. I didn't see Kellin at all, and it's safe to say I'm completely and utterly dreading lunch.

I honestly don't think I make it through watching Kellin and Katelynn together without throwing up or bursting into tears or punching (or possibly killing) Katelynn. Just kidding about the killing part. Actually, not really. I can't stand her. Maybe if she was a nice girl it would make this all easier, but no, of course the bitch makes everything harder. Fuck my life.

The bell for the end of forth period rang, causing my heart to beat a lot faster. Maybe I can just hide in the bathroom and hope Kellin doesn't go look for me. Or I could tell him I'm sick.

But in all honesty, I don't really want to leave him and Katelynn alone at lunch. Who knows what she would do? Like what if in that one hour without me they started dating? I have to be there to make sure that doesn't happen.

I'm probably overthinking everything. Damn anxiety.

Sighing heavily, I leave the classroom with the rush of students going to lunch. I try to stick to the sides of the stampede, but alas, I get pushed around. And it fucking hurts. Last night, or morning I should say since it was 3 am, hadn't gone well. I had stopped after a few cuts to the wrist, but only because I don't want it to be too obvious. So I had switched to my thighs and stomach, because I just couldn't stop. I was at it for a while, and needless to say, didn't feel too great today. With every movement I feel the cuts rubbing together, and I try to not wince.

When I approach the lunchroom, I suddenly get the wind knocked out of me because a certain ball of energy we like to call Kellin Quinn runs into me, enveloping me in a hug. Normally I would enjoy this, but on this fine day it was rather painful. I let out a loud yelp, and Kellin immediately let go of me, eying me with worry.

"You okay, dude?" he asks, looking me up and down.

I grin, trying to act natural. "Fine and dandy. You just surprised me."

Kellin smiles back, all suspicions gone. "Awesome. Ready for lunch?"

My smile wavers a little, and I tug on the sleeves of my hoodie. "Yup. Sure thing. Um, is Katelynn coming?"

Kellin suddenly looks disappointed at that. He sighs and shakes his head. "No. She couldn't make it today."

I do a little internal happy dance. The bitch isn't coming? My day just got way better! But I don't let that show. "That's too bad. Why not?"

"She said that she did something to her ankle this morning. Tripped or something, I don't know. She's going to the doctors to see if it's sprained."

Oh, she hurt her ankle? I'm thankful that she's not here, but I woke up in a pool of my own blood this morning. I actually had to steri strip some of my cuts closed because they were that deep, and yet here I am with Kellin at lunch. Seems a little wimpy to me.

"Vic?" Kellin's voice interrupts my thoughts.

"Yeah?" I look at him; he's staring at me.

"I asked you to something, did you not hear me?"

I blush a little. "Sorry, no. I'm a little out of it today."

"'S ok. I was just wondering if you wanted to go outside to eat."