Chapter 11

Recap:

You were running down a hallway, making your way through the metal maze. When you stopped at a door with bold letters saying "level 5 : HIGH SECURITY"

End

A guard approached you raising his gun and reached for his radio. You put your hands up defensively "Please don't" a weak smile crawled over your face. He ignored you, and looked at his fumbling hands, you ripped his gun away from him and smashed his face with the bud of the gun. "Sorry pal," Checking both ways you pulled the man's body into a less noticeable corner. Then an idea hit you.

~~~~~~~~

You walked out of the corner fixing your new slightly oversized outfit, the helmet was bulky and the vest was itchy but it would have to do for now. Awkwardly walking down the hall, you waved at several soldiers patrolling, they stared at your odd behavior. You cringed internally at your amateur attitude.

You turned the corner to a almost empty hall. Immediately a guard noticed you, you could tell he knew something was up. He followed you down the hall, and reached for his weapon. Hearing his obnoxiously loud footsteps, you pulled your 'borrowed' one out, pointing it at him. The two of you circled around each other, he watched your every move as did you him. The two of you were in a secluded hallway, neither side could escape without taking the other down. At a standstill, you took the initiative and launched an attack, you slid downwards, tripping the young soldier and grabbed his gun. You forced it out of his arms and hit him with the bud of your own. Quickly taking action before you were discovered you hid away the body in a easy accessible wall panel used for maintenance.

You set off again, this time with more confidence. Assuring yourself you walked with sturdy posture. You walked for awhile but it wasn't long before you noticed a man following after you. Without warning he approached you.

"Excuse me, Soldier" I voice behind you caught your attention, you turned stiffly around, to greet a much taller man clad in a similar uniform.

"Y-yes s-sir" You stuttered uncontrollably, your nervousness hanging on your breath. He led you to the side, in a crevasse, hidden from the rest of the unit.

"We have reason to believe the escapy is within our ranks," he eyed you "We also know their goal" you swallowed deeply, as he got closer "So I'm confiding in a trustful few, I need your input on what we should do next."

A breath of relief washed over you, and hesitantly began to speak "We should just get out of the way" Mentally you face palmed. You watched his expressions carefully.

"I see what you mean, you're talking about an ambush right? We should do it before they get to the floor exit. Thank you I'll set it up right away!" you wiped away a bead of sweat as he left.

You watched as all their forces gathered and left for the way you just came. You ran for the opposite way, 'I have to find him soon..' you mumbled in your mind. The bulky armor got even more annoying when running, and the helmets glass grew foggy ridiculously fast. This went on for awhile before you reached a large metal door similar to the last but these were pried open, you threw off the helmet and crept into the room. Inside was a large dark room, you held close to the walls searching for a light switch of some kind, you tripped over something and felt a liquid splash against your face. Feeling around you found a small object with a switch, you flipped it and a light shined from one end. You pointed it at what you tripped over. It was a body surrounded by a pool of blood. You jolted back from the sight and fell back on another body.

You attempted to calm your rapid breathing, your throat felt harsher each struggle with air. The Flashbacks Knocked the air out of your lungs every time they struck you. You gasped for your breath and in the meantime dropped the flashlight. You stood again and backed away from the sight, you felt the cold solid feeling of your back against the wall, you sent your fingers searching for a switch or lever for light. You pressed your fingers and with a click you heard the whirling of lights flicker on.

Your eyes widend on the sight, it was a massacre.

Authors note:

At last I have updated! Sorry for the short chapter, school is a pain. I will try to update way more often, I have thought of some really great ideas so expect more updates soon. <3