twenty.

Piper had made it to classes that day. Not all of them, but two out of three was better than she usually managed. She felt quite proud of herself. A part of her couldn't wait to tell Fear tonight.

If he comes, she reminded herself. Technically, he owed her nothing, and if he decided not to show up, that was his prerogative. She'd almost started to take it for granted that he'd show up if she asked him to.

Besides, it was all thanks to him that she'd been able to distract herself long enough to get through the classes. She'd been busy thinking about what it would be like to be him.

Every day the same, seeing the same fears in different people...not needing sleep or food and so not having anything to break up the job, which might be monotonous, now that she thought about it. As much as she hated going to sleep, and the ordeal it was for her because of how much easier it was for her anxiety to flare up at night, she couldn't imagine not having the break...the rest.

She sighed as she turned a corner, heading up the street. It had been warm enough to walk to class, and she'd tried that, rather than driving. The fresh air was nice. She shrugged her shoulders, snuggling into her warm scarf and sticking her hands in her pockets as she walked.

Really, there was so much about Fear that she didn't know. What did he do for fun, or relaxation? Or did he not even get the opportunity for a break? Were there vacations from being a keeper of fears? He'd said the job could be lonely sometimes. Was he lonely frequently?

The thing she most wondered about, however, was where he had come from. From a few things he'd said before, she'd come to the conclusion that he hadn't always been Fear. She wondered who he was before.

Most of all, she wondered if he ever wished he could go back.