Chapter Eight, Re-Sorting

"What's wrong Harry?" Draco asked worriedly when Harry finally returned from the bathroom after changing into his school robes. "What happened?" Draco, Neville and Luna asked angrily when they saw the tear tracks on his face and the cut on his cheek and on his forehead. Draco leapt up and walked Harry back to his seat sitting down himself before pulling Harry on to this lap holding him tight to his chest. "Ron, Hermione and Ginny." Harry said quietly refusing to look at any of them, staring at the floor to avoid theirs and Draco's friends gazes who joined them halfway through the journey.

"What happened Ry?" Luna asked her voice soft and gentle but her crystal blue eyes shone like shards of ice as they burned with fire fuelled by her anger at their ex-friends daring to upset or even hurt her brother. Neville sat on the other side of Draco holding his God-brothers hand his face resembling someone who was contemplating doing a great deal of harm to someone. If Draco didn't know that all Neville felt for Harry was close friendship and God brother/brotherly love he would have felt insanely jealous of the Longbottom Heir, as it was he knew better and was filled with rage that someone else would dare upset his mate again in a matter of weeks. He'd still not fully forgiven his father for his grievance against Harry, on his own birthday no less.

"What happened Harry?" Draco asked again when he remained tight lipped refusing to say a word. Sighing softly as he knew the three of them would not give in he reluctantly told them what had happened. "They told me I should have never stayed with my Dad's or let them adopt me as one was a werewolf and the other was an Azkaban escape and it had in Hermione's words unhinged his mind. They said my dad's don't really want me and that I should have stayed with the Dursleys when they know how my aunt and uncle treated me.

Ginny told me that Dumbledore asked them to convince me to return to the Dursleys or I'd lose them as my friends. I argued with them and when I went to leave Ron threw a Blasting Hex at me I dodged it but not far enough away and was thrown into the wall." Harry explained angrily by the end but also feeling betrayed that his once friends would do this to him. By the end three closest to him were apologetic with rage while Blaise Zambini, Theodore Nott, Pansy Parkinson and the Greengrass sisters Daphne and Astoria were all plotting revenge on the three Gryffindors. "I'm so glad Sirius and Remus put in a request to the Board of Goveners and that you be resorted as soon as we get there. Once father had explained to them all you'd been through in the last five years at Hogwarts it's completely understandable that they accepted. I doubt Dumbledore will be Headmaster for much longer once this gets out. I only hope your in Slytherin with me." Draco said hopefully as he held Harry closer.

"Oh, I probably will be." Harry said mischievously with a small smirk.
"Why do you say that Po-Harry?" Blaise asked confused.
"Because the Sorting Hat wanted to put me in Slytherin in the first place but I convinced it not too." Harry said before bursting into a fit of laughter as they all stared at him shocked their mouths either hanging open or spluttering like Draco was doing behind him. Giggling Harry kissed Draco's cheek before settling down more comfortably on his lap and drifted off for a couple of hours until they reached Hogwarts.

______________________________________________

Harry received a shock when he entered the Great Hall with the First Years. His dad's were sitting up at the Head Table where the Defence Professor usually sits, by the looks of it they were both the Defence Professors the Board must have asked them to be the Professors as Harry knew that Dumbledore surely wouldn't if the confrontation he had on the train and the sour look on the old man's face was any indication. When they saw him they smiled and waved while mouthing surprise and we'll tell you later, he'd guessed right then Harry thought with a wide grin, though the hurt still shone through his eyes. When they saw the two cuts upon Harry's face they immediately became murderous as they wondered who would dare attack their precious cub let alone the cub of a werewolf that was fairly obvious by the mark on Harry's neck that he'd received in his third year.

It was an agonizing wait for Harry as there seemed to be rather a lot of First Years this year until Professor McGonagall finally called out his name. "Hadrian Jamieson Sirius Potter-Black." Slowly to hide his nervousness Harry walked up the stairs until he reached the stool and sat on it as McGonagall placed the Sorting Hat on his head. 'Ah, Mr Potter-Black. Are you going to let me put you where you really belong this time?'   The hat asked in his head.

'Yes and I'm sorry I didn't let you before but I wanted to-' Harry started but was cut off by the Hat speaking again.

'You wanted to feel closer to your parents and find out more about them, do not worry I understand perfectly. Well this time it better be-'  "Slytherin!" The hat shouted for all the Hall to hear. Their was silence in the Hall apart from Harry's family and true friends who were the only one to cheer for him as his dad's knew he was more like Dorea Potter with his parents mixed him and were cheering for him the loudest as they stood up with wide grins on their faces as Harry made his way to the Slytherin table. It was only after he had sat down next to Draco who kissed his forehead and held him close did the Great Hall finally break out into pandemonium and chaos. The Boy-Who-Lived, their Chosen One was a Slytherin. And Draco Malfoy had just kissed him! What were they going to do?

As Sirius cast a glance at the Headmaster he could already see that he'd started his scheming and he knew it could be nothing good and didn't bode well for his son.