Chapter Four: Harry's Birthday Part 1

Chapter 4: Harry's Birthday Part 1

Sirius was sitting beside his pup's bed waiting for him to wake up after his agonising inheritance. Remus had wanted him to come down and have some coffee and breakfast but he refused, he was not moving from this spot until he saw with his own eyes that Harry was ok and even then he would be checking again until he was absolutely certain that his pup was alright, obsessively some might say but Sirius didn't care after the years that his sweet little godson had to go through he deserved to be fussed over and then some. That was why when a tapping sounded on the window occurred Sirius never got up from his chair no matter that he was in shock at seeing his cousin, Narcissa's owl at the window he refused to get up from his chair in case something happened to Harry while his back was turned.

"Really Sirius," Remus sighed as he entered the room carrying two cups of coffee, no matter what he said to Sirius about coming down and having some breakfast he couldn't be away from his cub for too long either. "I know your worried about Harry I am as well but you could have at least let the owl in and see what the letter says and who it's from." Remus sighed shaking his head at his husband as he went to let the owl in. "I know whose it from. I recognise the owl, it's Narcissa's owl Merlin knows what she wants and I didn't want to leave Harry's side until he woke up and I know for sure that he's alright." Sirius answered Remus as he ran his hand soothingly through Harry's hair.

"Oh," Remus said in shock as he read over the letter after giving the owl some water and an owl treat. "What?" Sirius asked as he turned to look at his husband whose soft brown eyes were slowly bleeding into Amber. "Remus what is it? What does Narcissa want?" Sirius was confused and slightly angry at what Narcissa could have said that would make Remus's eyes slowly turn to Amber. Remus looked up at Sirius and took a deep breath to calm himself down but his eyes stayed a mixed colour of soft brown and Amber clearing his throat Remus read the letter out to Sirius.

"Dear Sirius,

How are you cousin? Now before you burn this letter please listen to what I have to say. I know we have not spoken since our teens but you have always been my favourite in our family aside from Andy. And I know you are now checking this letter for anything offensive but I can assure you cousin that there is in this letter that could harm you, your husband or Harry but I understand why you are checking as I would do the same.

Now the reason for me writing this letter is because my Draco has come into his veela inheritance and he has also realised that Harry is his mate. I was wondering if you, Remus and Harry could come over later to discuss things as Draco said that Harry was in pain last night and before you say anything Sirius I am not insinuating that you are hurting Harry as I know how much you care for him Draco and I are just concerned and I would like the chance to get to know my cousin again.

Don't take too long replying now Sirius I know how you can be.

Narcissa x"
Remus looked back at Sirius who looked just as angry as he felt.