Chapter Seven, Returning to Hogwarts

"I see you've finally decided to come home." Narcissa said snidely as she glared at her husband from the chair she was sat in. She crossed her arms over her chest when Lucius continued to stand near the fireplace in their Parlour room. "What nothing to say? Did Severus knock some sense into you? Or did he agree with you? For I'm inclined to think the former rather than the latter if I know Severus and I like to think I do." Narcissa continued haughtily her arms crossed across her chest when Lucius remained silent. "Fine, Lucius if you have nothing to say to me or our son for your appalling behaviour on how you treated Harry this evening, you can sleep in another room for all I care. Goodnight." With that said Narcissa stormed out of the room and up to her room only pausing to let one of the Elves know that Lucius was sleeping in a different room for the foreseeable future until he changed his attitude.

As his wife stormed out of the room Lucius slumped into a chair groaning as he put his head in his hands he'd messed up big time and had a lot of apologising to do and soon. With that thought Lucius entered his study seating himself at his desk and pulled out a roll of parchment, quill and ink pot from his draw and started to write a letter of apology to Sirius, Remus and Harry for how he acted this evening. Once finished he sent the letter off with his owl and rested his head in his hands once more all decorum forgotten as he thought over his appalling behaviour and how he could make it up to his wife, son and future son-in-law, he was interrupted from his thoughts by his son storming into his study a scowl on his face, looking more like his mother than himself in that moment.

"WHY? WHY DID YOU DO THAT TO HARRY? HE'S DONE NOTHING TO YOU FATHER!!" Draco shouted as he sat in a chair opposite his father glaring at him as he crossed his arms over his chest. Lucius sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose he knew it wasn't going to be easy to earn forgiveness especially with Draco and Harry's fathers; if he was Draco and someone did what he did to Narcissa he'd be furious and hex first questions later. He was glad his son didn't have his temper. "I'm so sorry Draco I shouldn't have behaved so appallingly I've already sent off a letter to Sirius and Remus to apologise." Lucius carefully explained to his son.

"That's not good enough." Draco snapped. "You terrified Harry. He was already terrified of you for what you did in second year when he freed Dobby. If he doesn't speak to me again I'll hold you personally responsible father." Draco hissed as he stormed out of the study and up to his room leaving his regretful father behind. Sighing he sat back in his chair, he couldn't believe he'd been so stupid and now he had a lot of making up to do he only hoped he hadn't ruined his son's chances with the young Potter he knew how Black and Lupin could get, especially when it involved Harry.

-------------------------------------

"Pup!" Sirius called up the stairs. "Are you ready? We need to leave now if we're going to make the train on time."
"I'm coming dad." Harry called appearing on the landing with his trunk and empty owl cage as he'd let Hedwig fly to Hogwarts instead of being cooped up for hours. "I'll get that cub." Remus said from behind Sirius, lifting his wand he cast a levitation charm on the trunk and owl cage levitating them down the stairs so Harry could hold on. Harry rolled his eyes at their over protective behaviour but he couldn't suppress the smile and the warmth that made his heart swell; so this was what it was like to feel loved. He's always wandered, it was warmer and lighter than anything he'd ever felt before.