Chapter 21 - Days Gone By

Aethernia sits on the rocky path, resting her head on the broken motorcycle seat. It's cold as ice but for her it's the warmest thing on Earth. She didn't dispose it from her forest, she left it untouched since that memorable day.
Autumn is slowly coming to an end and first snow falls gently from the ashen sky. Aethernia is alone, as always and she enjoys this state more than ever. Partly because she used to it but more because Tobi kept his promise.
„He wrote me that he woudn't tell anyone. And he didn't. It's unbelievable.”
For the first time in her life Aethernia feels completely safe. Since the day when Tobi fled away she has seen ghostlights only two times. They appeared in her house one week after she had tried to commit a suicide. They were dancing wildly around her to generate the real fear in her. But Aethernia felt only POWER.
- What do you try to achieve? - sha asked with a disdainful smile – There's no more fright and no more souls to take. Go away. I don't want you here.
And they did.
Recently she saw them about a moth ago. They were flowing lazily through the sky above the dark forest. She waved her hand and smiled at them:
- Hey, motherfuckers! - she screamed merrily – How are you? Do you want to hear the song?
They didn't. In fact, they didn't even react but slowly flew away and disappeared among the heavy, dense clouds.
That moment she realised that they searched for a new victim as she was too strong for them to attack her.
As she sits on a road with her head on the motorcycle seat, she whispers calmly:
- You see? You believed in me and I managed to defeat them. I hope you are proud, wherever you are.
She knows he is. Since Tobi left her, Aethernia creates far more music and art. She sells her homemade CDs and paintings succesfully, especially the paintings. She doesn't know why the number of purchaser increased suddenly but she is absolutely sure that HE triggered it.
„He did it very crafty. I have money but at the same time I have peace and calm in my sweet hermitage.”
Aethernia can't help herself smiling.
- I see you take care of me even when you are far away. You have your special methods too – she says to the motorcycle. It remains as silent as before.
Aethernia is almost happy: without fear, without angst, all alone as she always dreamt. But there's a strange feeling of void in her soul, as if one part was missed. She guesses she can get used to it but she is aware it will take some time. However, she has much time.
- Tobi, I have to tell you something – she says seriously – I left my knife in the drawer and now I don't carry it along everywhere I go. I believe you won't betray me. Can you see it? I finally trusted someone. It's so funny! - she laughs sonorously as she feels amused by these thoughts.
Her soul is so warm when she thinks about him that she doesn't feel that her body almost freezes over.
„He would smile at me and tell me that he is very proud. And the we would sing a song to celebrate it. But I am alone and I will remain forever. It's the highest time to chase the stupid dreams away.”
She stands up and stares at the mtorcycle for the last time.
- It was nice to meet you here, Tobi – she says with a warm smile – But I guess I should go now.
Aethernia turns back and slowly returns to her house. She would love to abandon this place and forget about everything but she doesn't even try.
She knows she will return here soon.