Chapter 1

Eve's POV

I sat down waiting impatiently for the people that were supposedly adopting me to walk in so we could 'be sure to make sure they are right for me'. I tapped me foot to the beating of my heart as I held onto the seat tightly. 

I was honestly nervous to see who was going to be my new mum and dad. I thought about what my mom said before she kissed me goodbye forever.

"Anybody would be lucky to have you. Somebody will adopt you and love you, I promise."

I sighed, it's three years later and I'm still at the foster home. I guess I just have to be patient.

"Hi, Evelyn." I looked up and saw Rose Walters smiling fakely at me.

Rose was the lady who was in charge of the adoptions at the foster home. She had dark brown hair and dark blue eyes. I hate her. She is so fake and always flirts with guys younger than her, it's gross.

"I have told you for the past three years, that my name is Eve. Nothing more and nothing less." I growled at her and she just smiled fakely at me.

"As you can see, she has some anger issues that you would need to work on." Rose said and I looked behind her to see five boys standing behind her.

"I don't have anger issues." I said to try and reassure the boys who were staring at me.

"Sit, and we can talk." Rose smiled and she passed the boys and I watched her hand pass over one of the boys hands. He pulled it back quickly and sat down. I could tell he was uncomfortable. 

"Why don't we start with names?" I asked and smiled slightly.

"I'll lead this meeting." Rose said scolding me. I glared at her and sat back down angry. "Let's start off with a question I always ask my parents in your situation. Is there any girls around the house? Like a girlfriend?" she asked and I could tell the boys were uncomfortable.

"No, we are all just on our own." one of them said and she smiled slightly leaning on the table.

"Great." she purred and I could sense that I wasn't getting adopted today.

"Names?" I suggested and Rose nodded never taking her eyes off of the boy in front of her.

"Say your name and age." Rose smiled and motioned for the first boy sitting on the end to talk.

"Um, my name is James, and I'm 17." James said and smiled slightly at me. 

"Hey, my name is Daniel and I'm 18." Daniel said and waved slightly at me.

"Hi." I said to them both and smiled slightly. 

"I'm Luke and this is my twin brother, Jai. We are both 18." Luke said and smiled at me.

"You stole my greeting." Jai pouted and I chuckled.

"You stole my face." Luke said. "Since I am the older twin."

"Hey! It's my turn. My name is Beau, and I'm 20. The oldest out of us." Beau said and smiled at me. I smiled back at him getting hopeful.

"I'm only 34." Rose purred and Beau looked at her strangely before he stood up.

"You know what, give us the papers to sign to adopt her and we are leaving." He said and Rose nodded smiling as she handed Beau the papers. "Luke, get over here and sign as the mom." 

"But why can't Jai be the mom?" Luke pouted with a whine and Beau just glared at him as Luke signed after Beau.

"Can we leave now?" Jai asked and Rose smiled as she pursed her lips.