"Finally back"- 2

*So I've changed my writing style a little. The italicized sentences are their thoughts whereas the dialogues won't be italicized from now on.

"Di won't you let me enter my home"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" This is not how we welcome people in our house Ms. Khushi Gupta."

Khushi wondered what she was forgetting.

"Hariprakash ji, can you get the puja thali for me."

Khushi smiled, now she knew what she had forgotten. When they used to be kids Aunty always used to welcome her home with a tikka and with a puja thali.

Anjali di still remembers.

Anjali did Khushi's puja and put a tikka on her before letting her in.

I haven't walked these hallways since....

Khushi stopped thinking and looked around. She wanted to absorb her surroundings. It has been forever since she saw this house and Anjali. She walked behind Anjali to the living room, where the head of the family Devyani Raizada was sitting.

"Namaste Nani ji"

Devyani looked up to see a tall and beautiful girl walking towards her with luggage in her hand. She looked familiar, but her old eyes had seen many faces and couldn't recognize all of them.

Khushi saw Nani staring at her for awhile, so she walked up to her and touched her feet to take her blessings. "Bitiya, who are you".

Khushi smiled again, "Nani ji how can you forget me. Remember you used to call me forgetful all the time. I think you are starting to forget now."

Devyani's eyes widened and she suddenly hugged Khushi very tight. "Bitiya it's been so long. I thought you would've forgotten us by now"

Khushi broke the hug and started crying, "how do you forget your own family?"

Devyani smiled.

She still hasn't changed.

"Bitiya you haven't changed at all. You are still good with your words. We all missed you so much! Arnav...."

Khushi was looking around at the house while Nani was talking, but when she heard Arnav's name she interrupted Nani. "Nani ji I am awfully tired, I couldn't sleep at all on the plane. Can I rest for a while and then we will talk."

"Hello hi bye bye, Khushi"

Khushi could recognize that phrase from anywhere. "Mami ji hello hi bye bye, look at you! You look younger!"

Mami started giggling like a child, "Bitiya where have you been? And by the way I've been taking very good care of my skin. However, we will talk about that later. How did you remember us after such long time? I thought you would never come back after...."

"Mami ji I never forgot you guys. I thought now would be a good time to forget everything and move on. I couldn't stay away from you guys anymore!"

After 30 minutes of Mami asking for her gifts and Devyani yelling at Mami for being so inconsiderate, Anjali finally took Khushi to her room.

"Thanks Di, I felt like I was going to fall asleep any moment. I am really sleepy."

Anjali knew Khushi loves her sleep, so she just smiled at her. "You can sleep in this room and i will get your luggage sent in here."

Anjali was about to leave when Khushi held her back.

"Di, h...h...how is...?", Khushi furiously bit her lip while her eyes started wandering around.

Anjali understood what Khushi was trying to ask. "He is fine. He looked for you everywhere when you left,but.."

Khushi stopped her, "I guess he didn't look hard enough?"

Anjali sympathized with Khushi because she knew what Arnav did was unacceptable.

"Ok let's talk later, you go sleep!"

Anjali left Khushi alone in her room, while Khushi reminisced about the time she spent with him

*flashback

"Khushi come back here, give me my phone back"

Khushi giggled and ran away from him. She threw his towel at him so he could stop chasing her. She got up on the bed and suddenly....

The bed broke! Arnav  was on top of her whereas she was crushed underneath his weight. They both looked at each other's faces, staring at each other's lips.

"Khushi marry me!"

Khushi's eyes widened and her face was red. She smacked him on the chest, "it's not funny!"

Arnav stared at her with sincere eyes, "I'm very serious, I know we are only 18, but I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

Khushi broke into a smile and hugged him tightly. She snuggled her face against his neck.

*end of flashback

That was not the first time they had admitted to each other that they loved one another. However, that was the first time they realized it was not a silly crush. They wanted a life long commitment.

What happened to us?

Khushi climbed onto her bed and closed her eyes. The more she thought about him, the more her head hurt her. She just needed a few hours of sleep.

I hope this isn't a dream.