"Limitations"- 7

"Even love has its limits."- Sam Chaudry.

...........................................................................................................................

"Di! I'm leaving for work!"

Khushi was getting ready to go to work today. It was her first day of her job and she was late! She had woken up an hour late.

Where are my car keys?

Khushi looked around her rooms in search for them and then ran downstairs to ask Anjali.

"Di have you seen my car keys? I'm getting late for work!"

Anjali appeared in front of her and just stopped Khushi.

"Calm down Khushi. Take a deep breath. Chote can drop you for work."

No. I can't go with him. It's so awkward.

"No Di. I'll just take a rickshaw. It's fine. I gotta go!"

Khushi headed out before Anjali could stop her.

.........................................................

Khushi paced back and forth while looking at her watch. She looked at the empty road in front of her waiting for a taxi to appear.

Can they fire someone's 'girlfriend' for being late? Ridiculous.

*honk

Khushi jumped when she heard a car honk behind her. She moved out of the way thinking she was in the way. However, the driver honked again.

"Khushi get in!"

Khushi turned to see Arnav standing near the car waiting for her to get in.

What is he doing here? Khushi you're so stupid, he's going to work too.

"No thank you. I can take a taxi."

Arnav just shook his head in anger.

"You're already very late and there is a protest going on for all the cab drivers! You aren't getting a taxi anytime now. Get in!"

Khushi looked around one more time.

How far is the office, if I walk?

"No thanks. I can walk!"

Khushi started walking away.

Arnav's patience was breaking.

Why does she make me so mad?

"Khushi get in or you know I can carry you in. Do you want me to manhandle you?"

Khushi stopped in her tracks, she turned around and noticed Arnav was walking towards her.

Khushi just get iin or he'll actually carry you.

"Stop. I'm getting in!"

Khushi hurriedly walked towards his car. Arnav tried helping her get in his car, but she pushed him away.

"It's okay I got it."

Khushi got in and was about to close the door, but Arnav stopped her.

"Look Khushi, we might have to do this often. I mean me dropping you off. So might as well let me be the gentleman and close the door for you. Get used to it."

Khushi was startled by his tone. It was so calm.

Khushi was going to refuse again, but she didn't want to waste any more time so she let him close the door. Arnav walked to the other side and sat down on his driver's seat.