The Other Family

(Edited )

Looking at all the boxes around I sigh, so much to unpack.

Goose was right about this home, perfect for a family.

"Babe, how about you and Judas go put his room together, okay? Me and Gogo have this under control"

I sigh as I nod, climbing the stairs I begin to look for Judas.

"Baba, I need help"

I smile as I watch him try to hang up his art, I lift him so he reaches just above his headboard.

"Now, let's get your clothes and toys unpacked, then you can make more pretty pictures"

He nods as he leads me to his boxes, most of his toy box is just books- lots and lots of books.

We begin to unpack everything, every last book, and toy he has.

As I unpack his clothes I lay out his outfit for dinner tonight, dinner with Diego's family.

Vampires- the oldest family of them at that.

Once he is settled and back to coloring I head to my room, I sigh as I lay down- thank you boys for setting up this room first.

After a short nap I am forced to get dressed, why does this dinner have to take place the same day we move?

Judas bounces over to the door, ready to go eat- I guess I am excited about at least food.

"So cute that you two match"

I raise a brow before looking at Judas then myself, a laugh escapes me as I realize we do match.

He and I have matching black dress pants, his red turtle neck matching my red sweater that is over my white top.

We made our way to our vampire families home, I can't help but feel that something may go wrong.

Diego leads us up the stairs, Marco reassuring me that nothing will go wrong.

"Father, mother, family- I would like you to meet Halo, I and Marcos mate, and welcome Judas as well"

A short and plump woman walks up, her light blond hair styled into a bun, and her red eyes peering into my blue ones.

A soft smile grazes her face as her black-gloved hands hold my free one, her mood lightening the aura of the house.

"So glad to meet you, my dear, it's a pleasure to have our boy and his lovely mates over- oh! And can't forget this cute little pup, our family welcomes you both"

I smile as she begins to coo over Judas, and of course, he is loving it.

A tall, dark-haired man steps forward- his eyes glaring into Diego before shooting to Marco.

"Another mate? And a human at that, will you not just settle for a good pure-blooded girl to carry on our family's bloodline?"

My nose scrunches as I bite my tongue, while offended I'm more upset at how he is talking to Diego.

"I do suppose since our first option for you was a tad old- and sadly ran off to be with a wolf who got her killed, possibly another girl? There are only so many options"

Diego sighs as Marco grips his shoulder to comfort him, I hold my hand out to the older man who glares down at me.

Chin-up

"Hello sir, Halo, the one you assume to be human"

He scoffs as he turns away, I smile before letting my hand fall to my side.