Chapter 16

I see this as a dream. You faded away just like a dream.

************************************
Caleb Pov

"Uh Please don't serve those to me" she said pointing towards the dish which I was holding ready to serve her.

"Why?" I asked keeping it back on the table.

"Uh I don't like Mushrooms" she said making a  face.

"Are you allergic to it or something?" I asked as I served some of it into my plate.

"No. I just don't like it" she said and I nodded.

"She took a bite from her food and closed her eyes moaning to which I smiled"

"Is it good?" I asked and she opened her eyes nodding and smiling.

"Its delicious" she said and continued eating her dinner.

"I will pass your compliment to the chef" I said eating from my food.

"Sure!" She said and then we both ate our food in silence. Only the spoon hitting the plate could be heard in the silent room.

"I am so full" she leaned back against her chair closing her eyes.

"No way! You ate nothing. Its compared to nothing what I ate" I told her to which she shrugged her shoulders pursing her lips.

She was about to say something but stopped when her phone vibrated on the table. She picked it up and answered it while I drank some water.

"Hello?"

"Yeah"

"What?"

"Oh okay! No problem"

"No No I don't mind. You can go" she replied to the person on the other end while I waited for her to finish her call.

She hanged up and shoved her phone into her bag while I waited patiently for her to speak.

"Well it seems like I have to catch the bus now" she said raising her eyebrows biting on her finger.

"What?" I asked confused.

She snapped out of her thoughts and looked towards me sitting properly on her seat.

"Uh nothing. I need to go now. The food was really delicious. Thank you for inviting me in. I need to go now" she told me and stood up.

I followed her action and called Jenny to clean the table.

"Your Taxi driver is waiting?" I asked and she shooked her head negatively to which I furrowed my eyebrows.

"He went away because of some family emergency. So now I have to catch the bus" she said as she took hold of her handbag.

"What? Bus? And at this time?" I asked walking towards her.

"Are you out of your mind? Do you even know what time it is? It is not good for a woman like you to go out alone at this hour of night" I tried to reason.

"Well you were the one who called me at this time of night and I was the one who went alone all the way up in the office building searching for a file in this hour of night" she told me and I bit the inside of my mouth.

"Point!" I muttered to which she nodded.

"Uh but still" I began but she was already walking towards the door.

"Hey!" there was a loud thundering sound and she stopped on her way flinching and screaming because of the sound.

I ran to her and kept my hand on her shoulder.