Chapter 54

Caleb Pov

As soon as we landed, we were met with Mr. Jaques, a senior officer of the Paris Police team. Nathan talked to him letting him know every detail and soon we got in the action as they used Sang's social media to relocate and check into a place near to us.

The plan was to wait and catch her while she comes to find Sang. As much as we were ready to go into action, we were also a little bit in a dilemma if she would take the bait and come find Sang. She has been smart and has killed so many people that it left us wondering if she could be dumb enough to fall in our trap.

Our plan was sudden and no matter what we were ready to sprint to action.

The officers told me that it would be better if I stayed back. They didn't want any casualty for the one they were trying to catch was a wicked and dangerous one but I chose to go as I wanted to catch her with my very own hands and make her pay for everything she did.

Finally, we reached the spot and cameras were attached and cars with cameras were parked right near to the spot. The officers didn't wish any civilian to get hurt and it was how we chose a place away from the city. It was a diner and we informed the owner about our plans. He was cooperative and only the officers dressed as civilians were present in the motel.

Sang's social media sites were used to post some food pictures and check-ins for live location and a post was updated which gave indirect message that she was going to spend some time at the same place for two days. As it was done, we could only wait. It was only a two hours drive out of the town from Paris and we expected if she was here, she would definitely not leave this opportunity.

We could only wait.

I was inside the car, waiting anxiously with an officer beside me as he kept on glancing towards every direction. He was brilliantly cautious and I noticed as the officers dressed in civilians played their role well as they behaved like normal people eating food and chatting to each other but at the same time remaining cautious enough to mark each car that went past the diner.

There was one car that went past the diner various times as if it wanted to see what's going on and immediately it got our action. The car slowed down near the diner and a lady officer disguised as Sang knowingly walked here and there in the diner. The sleek black car seemed to slow down right before the diner, but all of a sudden, it took a right turn and made a U-turn as it drove away.

The officers looked back and forth hastily if there was any other car nearby but found none. Again an hour went by and the same black sleek car returned back. The officer next to me informed this to the officers inside the diner and they gave the car their full attention as we watched a man got out of the car with black sunglasses on and made his way inside.

He was tall and well built, and his attire matched the one of a bodyguard. He went directly inside and went past the officer who was disguised as Sang. In that moment, we thought he was someone else not after Sang and we plopped back on our seat looking elsewhere when all of a sudden the man came back and before we knew it he put his hand inside his pant pockets and pulled a gun out and before our very own eyes shoot the lady officer right on her chest.

There was loud bang shot and the owner of the diner screamed as she tucked down under the desk and the officers got up with their guns and the man ran out leaving the lady officer on the ground who got up seeming perfectly fine and tore the dress revealing her bulletproof jacket as she pulled her wig out and together they ran after that man who ran towards his car as it immediately took a turn and he entered.

"Hang tight!" the officer next to me said and I looked back at Nathan who held the roof handles as the officer ignited the engine and immediately followed the black car and the officers from the diner got their own car as they followed us.