Chapter 52

Giselle Pov

The shining antique ring gained my attention as I stood there watching at its massive blue diamond. It was a beautiful piece and at that moment if anything I wanted was it.

"Hello, ma'am. You have a nice choice. This is our solo piece and it is a vintage one," the salesman told me and I smirked as my finger trailed on it.

"How much?" I asked and wore his gloves as he brought it out from the glass box, keeping it before me as it dazzled. My fingers itched to touch it and he smiled as he picked it up and asked my hand so that he could slip it on me. I forwarded my hand and he slipped the ring to my index finger as it slipped perfectly and I smiled looking at it.

It was an emerald cut diamond set on a platinum band and it revered for its rare, light pink hue. I loved the color and as it set on my finger. It was as if it was meant just for me.

"It would cost you eight thousand and fifty-three dollars," he said as he grinned and I huffed internally as I passed the ring back to him.

"Pack it up for me," I told him as I handed him a cheque and he looked ecstatic as he took the cheque and quickly went away with my ring to get it polished. I wore my gloves back as I looked around. The place was filled with antique and expensive jewelry. But none had my attention as much as that ring.

Only a few things ever got my attentions and whenever it did, I had always ended up wanting it. And I have always got whatever I wanted. There was nothing left in this world which I didn't have.

I watched as the manager brought my ring back and handed it to me in a bag. I walked out of the store as I was followed by my bodyguard, Spencer as he guided me to my car and we got in before the driver drove us away.

"Did you get her address?" I asked as I took my ring out from the box and examined it, loving its shape.

"I will take one more day," Spencer said and that made me look up at him. My eyes trailing down at his tense body as he shifted in his seat which made me smirk for the power I held.

"Twenty four hours more then," I smiled and he nodded and I closed the box.

"I don't want to spoil it with blood. I will wear it after twenty-four hours only. Make sure, I get to wear this after twenty hours. You wouldn't want me to be upset."

He nodded and picked up his phone going through it as I looked out the window. My mind drifted off to deep thoughts that made me grit my teeth as I thought about it.

I have gotten everything, but there is only one thing that I was not able to get. And that one thing has made me do so many wrong things. I had never wanted anything so bad but I failed to get it. I went berserk when I didn't get it.

I closed my eyes as I remembered the day.

It was the most beautiful day of my life because I finally met the guy for whom I have been waiting for my whole life. Nobody ever paid attention to me, nobody ever cared what I felt, but he did. I was sitting at the corner of the cafeteria. I had no money, for days I didn't eat anything. It wasn't as if I didn't have money but my stepmother stopped paying me and blocked my cards that my dad had left for me.

She was so nice to me when dad was alive, but after his death, she changed. She loathed me and wanted to do nothing me. She thought I spent a lot of money but the only time I spent it was to eat or to bring the necessities. I was tired of my life. Because I had no money, I couldn't go out with my friends and as time went by they stopped talking and socializing with me. It was growing frustrating for me.

For the last two months, I have been depending on my university night free dinner. Somehow, I managed to find a way to have breakfast on my own but it was a problem for me at lunchtime. A sigh escaped my mouth as I looked around and saw pupil sitting with their friends and eating.