Chapter One: The Death Awakener

It is said that no one can awaken the dead. The bodies of loved ones will never walk on the Earth again.

  He didn't believe that this was true.

  He simply believed that the dead were merely sleeping and can be awoken with a simple spell. Well, it wasn't actually simple. He had spent years perfecting his magic so he could produce the power he needed. He spent months on months reviving and editing the spell to make it perfect.

  He practiced his magic first on dead rodents, hoping that one day he could awaken one. When he finally did, he then practiced on bigger and bigger animals and he believed he was ready for the last test run.

  Tonight was the night he would finally bring back a person, and not just one, but two.

  The man walked through the graveyard, stepping over graves until he finally found the one he had been looking for.

"Suscitare mortuos!" He shouted. A jet of purple sparks burst out of his wand and into the ground where the bodies lay. Chunks of dirt flew into the air, hitting the ground with a thud.

  Two caskets lay where the earth once was. The wood, surprisingly, wasn't rotten, and if he was lucky neither were the bodies.

  The lid to one of the caskets popped open, and the women inside sat up. Next to her, a man who was her husband opened his casket and sat up as well, both with a cloud of confusion hanging over their heads.

  He had done it! He had finally done it! They were no longer just bodies. They were living people again and he had brought them back. They were restored completely and there was no damage to their bodies just as he hoped.

  He pulled the hood of his cloak over his head and shrouded his face. He didn't want the couple to remember him in case he ran into them again. The man was confident that he would see them again if his plan were to prevail. Now that step one was finished, he could move on the the next step.

  Step two was to find the Dark Lord and awaken him from the bitter embrace of death.