Chapter Nineteen: Unfinished Business

Within the next month, more and more dead people have been popping up everywhere. Love ones were returned back to their families once again. Among the ever growing list of the not-so-dead-anymore, were Fred Weasley and Albus Dumbledore. Harry wasn't complaining; he was more than happy to see them breathing, but he couldn't help but feel suspicious.

   The Daily Prophet was having a hay day with all the new and sudden reappearings. Reporters from the newspaper have been interviewing the lucky few who've escaped the claws of Death. Almost every single one of them witnessed a hooded figure walking away from them. The supposed Grave Robber has been re-dubbed the Death Awakener and was seen as a hero among wizards and witches, but Harry knew the truth.

   Among the many innocents revived, there were the criminals who slipped through the Daily Prophet's fingers like water. Death Eaters. He didn't know if they simply weren't reporting or actually had no idea it was happening. Knowing how they've handled things in the past Harry assumed the former.

   Harry wasn't stupid. He knew what the Death Awakener was and why he's bringing back Voldemort's cult of devoted followers. He could feel it as the days go on; he could feel it in the increasing amount of headaches and nightmares. The other's could feel it too. That's why they had called this meeting, to discuss him and his safety.

   Harry wasn't paying a lick of attention as Dumbledore talked about the strategies Voldemort has used in the past to get close to him and how to keep him safe. "I think Harry should come back to Hogwarts, so we could protect him better. He doesn't have to come back as a student, though. The Defense Against the Dark Arts position is still open and he's proven time and time again..."

   He knew he should listen since this was concerning him, but he couldn't. He could only watch the faces around him.

   He could only stare as a crease formed between his mother's brows, as his father put a comforting arm around her shoulders.

   He looked to Mrs. Weasley as she held on tightly to Fred's hand while George hovered by his side. Harry wasn't sure if he'd even been alone, without his family, since he came back. He couldn't blame them.

   A movement caught his eye. Tonks was passing Teddy off to Remus, who then in turn handed him to Sirius to hold. He watched as his face softened while looking at his friend's baby.

   Harry then looked to Dumbledore, who was still talking. He looked exactly the same as he remembered him. White hair and beard, half moon glasses, and flowing robes.

   It was almost too much for Harry. Everything about this scene felt as if he pulled a memory out his head and cast it into the Pensieve to view. He nearly broke down then and there. Instead, he rubbed his forehead right over scar in hopes to ease the pressure that was building there.

   He felt a nudge to his rib cage and looked up. Ron was looking at him in concern. "What's wrong? You look like you've seen a ghost." His attempt to lighten the mood caught him off guard. He chuckled louder than he should have, which caused everyone to glance at him, but he didn't care. The muggle phrase coming out of Ron's mouth was absurd. Rob grinned back at him and Harry knew the irony wasn't lost on him.

   "Mr. Potter." At the sound of his last name, both Harry and James looked up at McGonagall, but she only had eyes for Harry. The reprimand was clearly aimed at him. "You should be paying attention, after all this is about you."

   "Sorry, professor. I was distracted," he said.

   The pain of the headache he'd had since this morning suddenly increased tenfold. He barely heard McGonagall's annoyed response. "Clearly."

   "Are you alright?" This time, Ron said it louder than before, getting the attention of the whole room.

   Harry stood up and spots danced before his eyes as the pain kept pulsing behind his skull. He took a few stumbling steps toward the kitchen. "I'm fine," he said. His words were slurred. "I just need some air."

   He took another step and the pain became unbearable. He was vaguely aware of his knees hitting the floor below him. He raised a hand to his scar. Each movement felt as if  he were moving through molasses.

   The bright lights around him caused wave after wave of nausea. He closed his eyes to get away from them. That's when everything went black.

   When he opened his eyes again, he was somewhere else. He was outside, somewhere in the middle of a forest. It was dark. He looked up and saw no moon gleaming in the sky.

   Then he heard voices. They were cheering. He followed the noise and found his way to a clearing. His heart stopped when he saw who was standing there.

   In the middle of the crowd of Death Eaters stood two figures. They were both tall and lean One was hooded and one was not. He recognized the one without the hood immediately.  He turned his head and Harry met his stare. As red meet green, Harry was pinned in place. He couldn't move as dread sunk his heart.

   Voldemort stared at him and did not look away. He didn't even blink. The corner of his mouth turned up in a wicked, lipless smile. He began to speak.

   Harry hadn't heard the language in over a year, hadn't been able to understand it since the piece of Voldemort's soul in him died. But as Parseltongue filled the air between them, Harry understood every single hissing word perfectly.

   "Harry Potter," he said, "I believe we have some unfinished business to attend to." And with that, Harry was wrenched back into his body.

   He sat up and looked around wildly. He heard several gasps as he opened his eyes. It was all the confirmation he needed to know that his eyes flashed red for a few seconds.

   "Harry?" Lily asked cautiously. He didn't respond. He quickly pushed himself up off the floor and rushed to the bathroom. He slammed the door behind him and locked it. He barely made it to the toilet before he vomited. He sat there until his heaving stopped.

   After he flushed the toilet, he stood and washed his mouth out with water from the sink. He took a deep breathe and steeled himself.

   He threw open the door and saw the concerned faces of everyone in the room. His eyes met Dumbledore's. The old wizard gave him a single nod. He knew what had just happened without Harry having to say a word to him.

   "So, Dumbledore," he said, "about that job offering..."