Chapter Eight: A Dark Silhoutte

Remus Lupin sat up and took a long, hard breath. He let the cool air of the night fill his lungs and then slowly let it out. The air felt good in his lungs. He continued this process for quite sometime before he came to his senses.

Next to him, his wife, Nymphadora Tonks too was breathing heavily. Neither of them knew where they were or what was going on. They couldn't figure out why it felt like that hadn't taken a breath in a long time.

Remus took in his surroundings. They were in a cemetery and were sitting in a wooden crate. Every last inch of them was covered in dirt. Remus looked around some more and saw a tall silhouette in a dark cloak walking farther and farther away.

"Excuse me, sir!" Remus called out, hoping to get some answers. The figure ignored him and just kept on walking. "Sir, please!" The person still ignored him, as if he wasn't there. Remus sighed and stood up. He offered his hand out to Dora, but she refused and got up by herself.

"Either he can't hear you or he's choosing to ignore you. I think it's the latter," she said.

"What makes you so sure it's a man, Dora?" Remus asked. He could she her physically wince at the name, but she didn't correct him. Remus smiled. He was the only one he could call her that.

"I don't think a woman would be that tall. Also, why are you asking about the person's gender? You should be asking why we are in a cemetery." Dora said. He was just starting to wonder what they were doing there, too.

"The last thing I remember," he said, "is fighting a Death Eater at Hogwarts." He remembers dueling a man with a mask who was clearly one of Voldemort's lackeys. A flash of green light filled up the rest of Remus's memories. "You don't think that we-" He couldn't finish his sentence, but he knew Dora understood.

"No, no that's not possible," She said. "If we died we wouldn't be standing here right now." She was right, of course. It wasn't possible to die and then come back to life, was it?

"Do you think Harry defeated Voldemort?" He asked.

"Of course he did! There's no way he didn't!" She said confidently. He knew Harry was a great wizard, especially for his age, but he couldn't help having a nagging feeling in the back of his head. "Don't worry about him. He knows how to take care of himself. We should be worrying about Teddy," Dora said.

"We left him at your mother's," Remus said, "I'm absolutely sure his fine." They made sure Dora's mother's house was completely secured before they left to join the battle. "We can go get him now. The battle is most likely over."

"Okay, and then we can go check on Harry to see how he's doing," Dora said. Remus nodded and took her hand, and with that, the two of them apparated out of the cemetery.