~13 Detour

"Are you sure this 'Mr. Briney' can get us to Dewford Town?" Milly questioned her brother, folding her arms over her chest as we made our way through Route 104."

"If Norman is true to his word." Jake replied, looking over a map. "His cabin should be right through here."

Samurai again gave me a sideways look without saying anything. He'd been the same all morning, most likely due to my own silence. I was thinking about yesterday to be honest, about not having anywhere to live. What would happen after our journey through Hoenn was complete? I practically didn't exist as far as adoption centres go, both my parents were dead and I couldn't rely on Jake forever.

My hand subconsciously rose to Angel whom sat on my shoulder, listlessly looking at Miku, sitting atop her normal position on Gummie's head. The Sylveon had been quite bitter when Miku insisted it was her turn to fly today but resided to temporarily take refuge on my shoulder instead. As I stroked the fairy types head, my mind wandered through options that could help me through my dilemma. My team was strong but I could never live solely off being a trainer like some could, I loved my family too much for that anyway. I doubt anyone would take me in since I had Ghetsis still out to get me and in all honestly, I was surprised Jake and Milly had stuck by me this long with all the trouble I caused them back in Unova.

I sighed gingerly. If N were here, it would be easier. He always knew what to do and how to make me feel better but I hadn't heard from him in months. Last time I had seen him was before my discharge from the Opilucid City hospital after Ghetsis had attempted to strangle me. N had said he had some things to fix but he promised to find me once that was over, I hadn't realised how long it would be at the time.

"There it is!" Jake exclaimed, pointing towards a small cottage aside the sea.

Miku squealed in delite, leaping off Gummie's head with her eyes set upon the pristine ocean. Angel took this chance to leap back onto her proper spot atop my Reuneclus while Champ chased after Miku, picking up the baby Pokémon, half heartedly scolding her about running off. It seems he was taking after Gardenia as a parental sort of figure in a way as she'd been treating him in a similar manner when teaching him what it was to be part of a team.

"Miku no have to listen to you." The little water type pouted, turning her back on the shiny Pokémon.

Champ huffed in annoyance. ~Why not, I'm older then you and therefore, smarter.~

~I'd beg to differ.~ Samurai muttered as he watched the scene play out in amusement.

"Cause Miku kawaii, duh, get with the pwogwam mister." She rolled her eyes as she crossed her baton like arms.

~Miku, be polite.~ Gardenia informed, picking the young Manaphy up as we passed. ~That is no way to talk to a friend and fellow team member.~

"Okie dokie pokie lokie artichokie~!"

Again, my Meditite huffed, pouting as Miku stuck her tongue out at him before pouncing onto my head. At this point, Jake and Milly had already made it to the cabin so I ran to catch up, calling my Pokémon to follow as I did. My two friends were inspecting a sign hanging from the door of the cosy little home but thanks to my small size, I was able to wiggle between them to see also.

Gone to Rustboro City for lunch with Peeko, come back later.

"Oh come on!" Jake groaned, sighing deeply as he did. "Welp, looks like we're going to Dewford Town later." He reopened his map, looking over the many panthers that crisscrossed the paper. "Rustboro City happens to be the closest city to where we are. Just through Petalburg Woods... Should be able to make it by one- maybe two depending on wild Pokémon... May as well challange Roxanne while I'm there... Then we may as well stay the night. Is that okay with you two?"