~42 It's what I deserve

~Nicholette's pov~

"Perhaps it's better for everyone this way, your sister is quite the trouble maker." The principal smiled, so obviously fake, his eyes told the truth where the rest of his features lied. "Seems like the rest of your family agrees, no one's made contact with her in years, her parents are dismissive of her grades and fail to do anything about her behaviour." He frowned deeply staring at me as if the whole thing was my fault.

I lifted my chin, narrowing my eyes at the principal before standing, anxious to get a move on. "Right, Thank you for your understanding and for allowing early graduation. When shale I receive Jessica's certificate of current achievement?"

"Normally it takes at least a week but if you want to go pick her up from her dormitory, I'll have it ready by the time you get back to sign her out." Principal Wells said, staring at me as if he were more considering how to clean the chair I sat in once I left.

With a dismissive nod I turned to leave the office. "Thank you Principal Wells, I shouldn't be long."

"Take your time."

I sighed softly as I left the office, brushing off my cargo pants and kicking the toe of my combat boots against the dirt, looking around briefly before heading to the dorms as pointed out by the secretary. As usual, I assured to carry myself confidently despite how utterly out of place I felt in such an environment- I'd be arrested on spot if a single person here knew who I was but with my account running low since the fall of Team Plasma, I knew I needed to get my sister out of the school before the next round off fees were due. At least pulling her out now had its advantages- I'd managed to convince the school to give her credit for the rest of the year despite just over 7 months until years end, they were all to anxious to get rid of Jessica and complied to my request of simply giving her the average of her past scores and those of the rest of the grade without them even realising I'd have no other option but to pull her out regardless of the credit she was given.

The yard was stiflingly posh, a fountain in the centre of the grounds was adorn with Pokémon commonly associated with the upper class. It was almost like the school was waving a fat stack of dollar bills in front of whoever passed, looking down on those who didn't belong. I couldn't be rid of this place quick enough.

As I walked down the hall of the the girls dorm, looking for my sisters number on the doors, I assured my visitors pin was properly in place. The stares of the students put me off, unusual considering I've been working for a psychopath for 7 years - perhaps I'm just on edge, it's been just as long since I've even spoken to my sister after all.

"Are you here to visit Kimberly? Her room's the other way." A sandy blonde hair girl called. "She's expecting her cousin today, she said so."

I peered down at the girl, reading her like a book, she cringed slightly at my stare - a skill I'd long ago perfected to help me weasel my way up the ranks in my former job. "No, I'm not looking for a Kimberly, I know where I am going." Without further word, I paused at my sisters room, knocking lightly on the door, not even remotely bothered by the whispers of the students.

As expected, the door remained closed, the staff at the office had already explained to me during my wait for my appointment with the principal how secluded my sister had become. She was incredibly guarded and never opened her door to a knock, anyone who needed to come into her room could use a key, which I had been given. I gently unlocked the door, looking around the room cautiously. The room was dimly lit, simply by a desk lamp next to the bed I spied my sister on. A large green Pokémon lay around her protectively, its long neck resting on my sisters head while it's body curled around hers. No one could get near Jessica without disturbing it as was its intention no doubt.