~31 The Rockruffy-Road

:Samurai, Samurai I won!: I cheered, running into his arms. He and my other Pokémon had watched the finals with Jake and Milly. :I won my first contest!:

My brotherly Pokémon smiled cheerfully. ~That you did my little one.~

~Mama won, Mama won! Did you see Miku cheering!?~ Miku beamed, jumping from Gardenia's arms. ~Miku do this, Go Mama! Go Mama! You win, win, win, WIN!!!~ Miku danced around as she cheered happily.

Giggling happily, I shook my head. :Sorry Miku, I must have been too wrapped up in the battle. I'm glad I got to see it now though?:

~Cause--~ Miku paused, most likely for dramatic effect. ~MIKU KAWAII!!!~

:Of course you are Miku, now, who's ready for ice-cream and bubble drink?: I questioned. The baby Manaphy cheered happily, bouncing around with inaudible cheers of glee.

"Hey Paige!" I recognised Jessica's voice calling me as we exited the contest hall.

I turned, scanning the crowded streets for the familiar trainer, eventually spotting her running to catch up with us. The ravenette seemed especially happy, even though she just lost against me in the finals.

Jake nodded his head in greeting, scanning through his pokedex in order to figure out where we were going next in order to maximise mine and Milly's contest entries as well as where gyms were. Milly smiled. "Hey Jessica." She greeted as I waved eagerly while scanning the area for where my team were.

Angel and Gummie were a little ways off, my Sylveon investigating a nearby trainers Umbreon with a curious look. Gummie stayed close due to my 'if-you-want-to-investigate-something-do-it-in-pairs' rule. Samurai and Gardenia were close to my side as usual, with Miku dancing around at my feet which left Champ as my only unaccounted for team member...

With a frown, I spun in a quick circle whilst looking for my shiny Meditite. :Champ, roll call?:

~Yeah, I'm here.~ He responded nonchalantly.

I spun around again, allowing Milly and Jake to converse with Jessica as I tuned out whatever they were talking about. :Where?:

~Behind you.~ He snapped as if I was stupid.

Again, I spun around seeing nothing. :Where?:

~Here stupid.~ He stuck his head over my shoulder. ~You really must be dense if you didn't even realise I was on you back the whole time.~

:Champ!: Gardenia snapped, frowning at the Meditite. :What did we talk about?:

Champ sighed, irritated. ~Words can hurt more then attacks... I'm sorry Paige for calling you stupid... I don't get it though, you let the Gallade insult your hight, why can I not insult your clearly lacking intellect.~

With a frustrated glare, Gardenia snapped at him. ~Champ!~

~What!?~ He snapped back with an equally frustrated look.

Sighing softly to herself, Gardenia picked Champ up off my backpack and took him off a short distance. Champ wasn't the most sociable Pokémon and since he would often insult all my other Pokémon, Gardenia was the only one who had the ability to teach him right from wrong. I knew he didn't mean any ill intent most of the time, he just didn't realise that what he says can hurt me or my Pokémon, so I try to ignore most of his comments.