14

David breathed softly in and out while he twirled my hair with his finger. I was laying on his bare chest listening to his heartbeat. "You're beautiful." He sighed, positioning his head to look at me. I could feel my cheeks get warm so I buried my face into his chest.

"Would you look at that..." He breathed sitting up.

"What is it?" I asked, sitting up beside him. He got up and walked to the window. I followed him wrapping the blankets around myself. Then I saw it. There was big white snowflakes falling. Compared to the pitch black outside, the snowflakes were beautiful.

"Ooh!" I squealed. "It's perfect for a horse back ride!!"

"It's only November..." David said kind of confused.

"Well we are on top of a mountain. By the time it reaches the valleys it'll be rain." I explained. The expression on his face changed to an excited one. Just then I heard a knock on the door downstairs followed by the two little voices of my 6 year old brothers.

"Ilse? Davy?" I heard them call. I grinned and looked at David. His face fell as he frantically looked around the room for some pants. I scurried to the bathroom and told him to meet them downstairs.

          Once I was dressed, in one of David's shirts, I flew down the stairs to find my brothers and David. "Ilse!!" The both ran to me and David stood up from twiddling his thumbs.

          "Where is mom and dad?" I asked them.

         "They are sleeping. They told us to come over here to play in the snow with you two. And then Billy thought we could ride Cadence and Candace." Egan explained.

"Well..." I looked at David and back at my brothers. "I suppose we could..." They jumped up and down in excitement. I nodded for David to come upstairs with me to get changed.

***

We walked down stairs and as soon as the boys saw that we were ready they bolted out the front door to my car. Me and David slowly walked to the car and got in. "Hurry up!!" Egan laughed in excitement.

          When we got to the barn, I was the first one in. Leonardo stood there looking at me. I walked to the tack room as the boys went to say hello to Cadence and Candace. David stood around looking confused. "Come and watch me put his stuff on."

First I took his blanked off. Then I put the bit in his mouth and had David hold him as I put on the saddle. I walked past Egan and Billy and they were already on top and ready to go. "You will ride Grayson." I said, leading him to the tack room. "And this is the tack room." I gestured.

          He held things up and I nodded if they were right and shook my head if they were wrong. I stood there with my arms crossed and laughing as he bit his bottom lip, searching for a pair of reigns. He briskly walked passed me with a smirk on his face and his chin up.

When he got everything on Grayson, I hopped on Leonardo and ran out of the barn at full speed. Egan and Billy followed me and David was last not, knowing what to do. I slowed down so I didn't hurt my horse and motioned for my brothers to do the same. "Woah!" I stammered to Leo, making him halt so I could wait for David. Grayson slowly walked up beside me and Leo.

"I don't know about this..." David trailed off. I looked at him and rolled my eyes.

"You'll be fine." I said smirking and clicking my tung, getting Leonardo to move. Grayson also followed, as David jumped ten feet into the air. I laughed again.

***

          Me and David carried the boys inside and took off their suites and laying  them down carefully on the couch before quietly hurrying upstairs. When we got to the bedroom, I stripped off my snow pants and grabbed the shirt I was wearing earlier. David took off his shirt and climbed into bed, as did I. I cuddled up close to him and glanced at the alarm clock.

          I read the numbers 2:23 before closing my eyes and falling asleep.