24

"David!!" I yell, waddling out of our room. "I'm hungry!" He was sitting at the stool near the counter, as Ziggy. "David..." I said again "do you have a concert?" I asked, grabbing a bag of crisps and stuffing them in my mouth by the handful.

"Not in this weather." His voice rang out as he gestured to the window. "Don't eat those. I'll make you something good. Do you want hamburgers?" I rubbed the huge lump that was now my stomach.

"Ugh." I groaned, not able to stand the smell of cooking meat. "I'll go downstairs and read a book." I grabbed a book from the shelf and headed downstairs.

There was a small couch at the far end of the huge room. We used the downstairs for dancing and yoga. I plopped myself on the couch and stretched out all the way.

          "Roslyn-Charlotte Chester Jones," I muttered to my stomach letting out a breath. "You're killing me here..." I decided I didn't want to read and got up and walked over to the window. David and I often played our cello by the huge window identical to the one upstairs. I sat down and let the music run through my brain.

***

I heard clapping from behind me. I smiled knowing it was David. "That was wonderful." He muttered blushing as I turned around. He had changed and washed his face. "Dinners ready." He helped me up and linked his arm in mine as we walked up the stairs. By the time we got to the top I was absolutely beat.

"I have a surprise for you after dinner." David announced. I looked up at him and he kissed me softly. I kissed back and sat down at the dining room table. He slid in across from me and smiled.

I was so hungry. I don't know if it was because I was due any day now, or because I hadn't eaten much, but I was hungry. "Did you decide on a middle name."

"I did." I looked up at him and smiled. "Chester."

His expression turned confused. "Chester?" He asked.

"Yes David, Chester."

❌❌❌

❌❌❌

This chapter is dedicated to BusyScott who wrote about a character that I loved. Therefore I would like to dedicate this chapter and the baby's middle name to Rosalind Chester.

RIP Ros😖