22

I sat by the window waiting for Ilse to get out of the bathroom. She told me yesterday that she didn't want me in the bathroom anymore when she had morning sickness. The faucet ran as she started brushing her teeth.

She walked out not long after holding her still flat stomach. "I don't know why I have morning sickness two weeks early. It's not even supposed to start for until the sixth week." She stammered.

"I don't know Ilse." I replied to her, not knowing what to say. She came to sit on my lap. "I was thinking I could take you out..." I trailed off. "It is Christmas Eve and all. It's not going to be the most exciting Christmas. For that I'm sorry."

Her eyes lit up. "It's ok, I have you and our baby. Christmas is going o be amazing no matter what." I though about what she said. Tours started next week and I was reluctant to bring her with me and reluctant to leave her at home alone. She insisted that I bring her with me and that she was not staying home.

She also insisted that she do my makeup. I agreed to please her. "Do you want to watch a movie?" She asked me. I nodded and wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her neck, walking behind her. She plopped down on the couch backwards so she ended up in my lap.

I linked my hands together and rested them on her stomach. She giggled and turned on the T.V. searching through the movie channels. We settled on the Christmas Story. "What movie is this?" I asked her.

"Oh yeah, I forgot that you weren't raised in America." She smirked. "It a Christmas movie. It's on all Christmas Eve and Christmas Day." She explained. "You're going to like it.

We watched the movie until it was time for us to get ready to go. "You don't have to dress very fancy. Its a casual place." I said to her. She nodded and we went to the room to pick out our clothes. I chose mine and went into the bathroom to change.

***

I linked my arm in hers and she rested her hand on my forearm. I smiled and turned away. She kissed my cheek and we walked in to the restaurant. She took off her long coat and I looked at what she was wearing. She was wearing dark blue skinny jeans and a white shirt.

"Are you checking me out?" She asked smiling. I blushed and pulled out her chair and waited for her to sit before sitting down myself.

 I blushed and pulled out her chair and waited for her to sit before sitting down myself