Chapter 2

Harry only left Louis at the last moment when the night was worsening from navy to pitch black, and they had to part ways. He stood two steps below Louis at the front porch with his eyes boring into the younger soul's, holding onto both of Louis' hands with his.

"I will come for you at the earliest hour, haud mirum." Harry said to him in the juncture of his neck, dragging his lips over the goosebumps of his future mate whist adoring him as much as he could.

"I will wait for you." Louis wrapped his hands around Harry's wrists and laid a warm kiss on the Dominus' jaw.

Grumbling pleasantly, Harry withdrew from Louis' body and let go of the boy when he least wanted to. He skipped the last step on his departure and turned around just as he was about to disappear into the street, lowering his upper half in a bow just for his love before blowing Louis a kiss with his fingers to his lips.

Louis laughed loudly into the night and returned the act of fondness with just as much enthusiasm. He felt extra warm and like Harry's body was still wrapped around him when he stepped back into his home, chewing his lip and letting the dampness on his cheek swallow him up.

It was after he'd showered and wandered to the kitchen for a glass of milk when his grandmama caught him. "Come sit with me, moonpie."

Louis obliged and slid into a seat beside her, framing his tall glass with both hands and shyly hiding behind the curtain of his hair. Today has turned him into something else, the man who entered his life and claimed his heart has stolen his outwardness.

"You seem quite taken with the young man who brought you home earlier." She starts by saying, side-eyeing her grandson as he slowly sipped his midnight beverage.

The rest of the house was swathed in peaceful silence, the late hour allowing them to slip into their slumber without hindrance. Louis swallows the cool liquid and enjoys the sensation of his coating his insides on its path Southward, chilling his nerves.

"I am." He says slowly, the crickets nearly drowning out his voice entirely. "I think he is with me too."

"Oh certainly." His grandmother proclaims, tying up her silk robe at the front and putting her wrinkled palm over his. "Moonpie, do be careful with this man."

Louis raises his head to look her, meeting those sapphire eyes that were identical to his own. "What do you mean, grandma?"

"I mean that a Dominus is a scary creature." She explains to him whilst remembering her time finding her other half. "He is a wolf and wolves mate. That is something this family has never seen before."

"Is that-" He swallows. "Is that a bad thing?"

"No, no. Love, meeting a wolf is a wonderful thing and being mated to them is even more so. However, your Dominus seems to be a little volatile. He will frighten you at times, but make sure to hold your own."

Louis can feel sweat developing at the back of his neck. "Grandma, he's not finished his training yet. Will they keep us apart because of that?"

"I sincerely doubt it. He consents and he is Dominus. Nobody can stop you two if that is true."

Feeling less tense, Louis smiles and helps his grandmama off her chair when she's ready to go to bed. He kisses her cheek and watches her ascend the staircase, without risking a limb by offering to help. When the house is cloaked in silence once more he glances out the window at the glorious moon and imagines a green-eyed wolf howling at it.

* * * * *

"Haud mirum."

Louis had hardly finished the packing he's supposed to be doing when he spotted a black figure in a lengthy trenchcoat near his snowy garden, and ran downstairs like the wind. He threw the door open when Harry was just at the base step and eliminated the distance between them by jumping into the man's arms.