Chapter 11

The sun came out at an exceptionally early hour today, but the birds remained in hiding until the last minute. Their chirping is magical and musical as it brings in the new day, painting the sky violet in colour and the sun a vibrant orange. The view was spectacular from any point of view.

"Haud mirum, where are you?!" Harry breaks through the clumping of the trees to the clearing where the scent of his mate led him.

He had woken up this morning and made a point to prepare breakfast so Louis could sleep in. Against his intentions, Louis had snuck out at some second of the morning to see the sky himself. The outside was breezy and scented with nature's perfume. Harry searched all through their little home trying to find Louis, panic rising in his chest until it threatened to end the pulse that beat through his heart.

Louis looked up from the blanket where he lay staring up at the skies. "I'm right here."

He didn't have to raise his voice for Harry to hear him. His ears pricked at the sound of heavy approaching footsteps, and he craned his neck to smile up at his Dominus. Harry was relieved to find Louis here just outside their home, getting some of the sun's radiance as he lay in the simplest clothing; shorts and one of Harry's ripped T-shirts that formed a crop top on the boy after its mistreatment.

"You must not frighten me this way." Harry fell at Louis' side with a stutter in his footing, expression one of relief and deep concern as he cupped Louis' face in his hands. "Promise me you will never leave again."

Louis hadn't left any more than he merely stepped outside to get some air with the horses. Harry was well past becoming a paranoid father to the five month old foetus Louis carried in his baby bump, and never let his mate out of his sight.

He pressed kisses to Louis' forehead and cheeks, his prosthetic leg faltering as he kneeled unsteadily. The boy's pout was remarkable and Harry kissed it away before sitting down so Louis could be cradled against his chest.

"I'm sorry." Louis kisses the tip of Harry's nose and apologises further by crawling onto the man's lap. "I won't do it again."

Harry banded an arm around Louis' front to grip his hip with one firm hand, his forearm pressed against Louis' beautiful baby bump that has grown a little more prominent. Bare skin of his mate rubbed against him because Louis' shirt is well up on his chest in length. Harry flattened his palm over Louis' front and kissed up his neck.

"What are you and Baby up to out here, haud mirum?" Harry whispered against his throat where it sourced shivers down the boy's back.

Louis sighed, content with this circumstance, and leaned back against his mate's broad shoulders. He brought his arms up and behind him to be locked around Harry's neck, turning to kiss the Dominus' cheek.

"It's nice out here." Louis crossed his legs. "The sky is pretty."

Humming in agreement, Harry left Louis' neck laden with soft kisses like feather embraces. His mate preened with pride and gave him further access to his naked skin, Harry's finger crooking over the neckline of Louis' improvised crop-top to enable that.

"Nothing will ever be as gorgeous as you are-" Harry rubs over Louis' baby bump soothingly, his inner Alpha's chest rumbling. "-looking this happy as you are carrying my pup."

Their plans of moving have been temporarily rendered obsolete until they can find the perfect home elsewhere. Harry has been speaking to Olivier and learning about other lands, far and wide, to decide which will be best about raising their baby. Unfortunately, most territories are strict about Dominus babies because the more dominant of genders needed to be the best of the best.