Chapter 9

Winter's end came to them when Harry predicted it would. He felt their home becoming far too unstable under the weight and influence of the snow caging their home in. On the first day of Spring when the sun first shone through the animal infested treetops and the icicles on branches began to melt, Harry got up on the roof through the attic and dug out a pathway from the door.

It took him six hours to get some area of the ground visible again. Louis stayed indoors just like he was asked and took stock of all their resources that needed replenishing. At one point he was at the window watching Harry working outside, and waved when the Dominus caught his eye. He got a wink and chuckle everytime.

They had a lot of groceries to buy and plenty of equipment to get for Harry to restore what was damaged during the winter. On the second day of the brightest spring season Harry has ever seen, he sat on the floor of their bedroom unscrewing the hinges on the remaining two legs of their bed. He had to let the legs go in order for the flat structure to rest entirely on the ground, just a plush mattress on a wooden frame.

Louis opened all the windows and let the sunlight in, smiling to himself with a hand on his vaguely pregnant belly as the rays of beautiful light hit his skin and warmed it up.

"That's the world, my baby." He said softly to the little one he was carrying, listening to the birds and wild harmless animals making the best of their days. "You're going to see it very soon."

He heard a loud bang and gasped out loud from the shock of it, clutching his chest once it's over. Without thinking, Louis made for the staircase and entered their bedroom to find Harry already dismantled their bed.

"What was that sound?" He asks, stepping further into the room with a shy smile at his Dominus.

The Dominus looked up with his bare feet alongside his tool kit and let Louis get comfortable on the ground next to him. Their floors weren't so chilling anymore and Louis often sat on it rather than couches, much to Harry's confusion.

"I assumed this would be better." Harry replies with a cheeky grin, gesturing to the fallen bed with the mattress they brought up already.

Louis blushed and leans into Harry's side smiling into the man's bicep when he got a kiss on his forehead. "I like it."

"I am glad." Harry's arms circle Louis' body and draw him onto his lap, their legs getting tangled and Louis' face hiding in his neck. "How is my baby treating you, haud mirum?"

"Baby is okay." Louis fondly answers, bringing Harry's hand to his tummy where the Dominus could feel the additional soul and life form developing. "We both want to go outside."

Harry looks out the gaping window over Louis' shoulder. The wind is still a little on the chilly side and the snow was in the process of steadily melting away but they're nothing an extra layer of clothing can't fend off.

"Your wish is my command, haud mirum." Harry drops a sweet peck on his bond mark and doesn't make an effort to get up yet.

He leans his back against the bed and bends his fully capable knee in the air, Louis resting his side on it. The boy sighs from content and his finger traces the faint marks on Harry's shirt over his chest, in love with the toned and muscular exterior of his broader lover.

"How about a trip into town today?" Louis proposes with his fingers wrapped around Harry's middle finger, the size difference being a lethal anecdote to the Dominus. "Please? I really want to walk around somewhere."

Harry is not a real mate or Dominus to his lovely other half if he dare ever say no to him. "We'll take the horses out and then go into town, okay?"