One: Ashe, the Black Rose

A young girl was walking to her house during the end of the day. She had gone shopping for some fruit so she could make a small fruit salad. Her brown choppy layered, straight hair was following behind her, flowing with the wind while her faded golden-brown and gold orbs looking around her surroundings.

The young girl continues walking back to her house. She passed by her best friends place seeing him still training and she chuckles to herself. The young girl then starts walking again to her home, a small ball of furyoku appears beside her, and the brown haired girl smiles.

“Rrrrr,” The ball of furyoku growls gently.

“Don’t worry, Black Rose,” the girl tells her friend as she walks up the steps to her house. “I’m fine, I’m just thinking.”

“Rrrrr,” Black Rose growls gently once again and sat on her owners shoulder. The young girl smiles and stops when she hears her name being called. She turns and Black Rose growls loudly.

“Easy girl,” The girl smiles and looks down seeing Yoh and a short boy, Manta if she remembers correctly. “Hey Yoh, what’s up?”

“Nothing, just getting back from the store I see.” Yoh says grinning. The girl nods. “What are you making tonight, Ashe?”

The young girl; now mentioned as Ashe smiles; “I’m just making another fruit salad for me and Black Rose. We’ve been training enough for this reward, so might as well make the most of it. You’re welcome to join if you’d like, but I gotta get it started now or the fruit will go bad.” Ashe bows gently to them, and ran the rest of the stairs. “If you do join, just know you can just walk in!” She ran off to her house.

Black Rose follows her quickly, floating behind her as Ashe unlocks the door to her house and walks in after taking off her sandals. Black Rose continues following her quickly. Ashe put her basket down and starts taking out some apples, grapes, and others and she smiles. She couldn’t wait to get to cook this. Ashe began chopping and dicing the fruits and began making them. It would take a couple hours before it was done, and she began thinking about her life. Ashe couldn’t remember why she was here, or how her parents died. It’s like a part of her life before she was five was dead to her.

She hadn’t known what true family was until she met Yoh, he had showed her what true friendship was, and she became like her childhood self since then, a happy-go-lucky kid. Yoh had melted the ice away from her heart and she was happy for that. Ashe shook those thoughts out of her mind, and walks into her small living-room, and sat down on her couch. She lays back in it and began thinking to herself. Almost falling asleep in the process when she did, her body and mind relaxed and she slept peacefully without any nightmares.

Ashe woke from a knock on the door, and she got up and says almost hoarsely;

“Come in.” She coughed a little to clear her throat. The door opened and Yoh, Manta, and Natsumi walks in. “Oh, welcome.” Ashe smiles and rubbed the sleep from her eyes, and got up walking into the kitchen. “Sorry if it took me awhile to answer you guys, I was taking a small nap.”

“Aw, that’s okay, Ashe,” Yoh smiles, and Ashe smiles back. “Mm, the fruit salad smells good.”

Ashe nods and continues stirring the ingredients. When it was done, she served them some and starts eating it herself. She took a bite out of a strawberry and closed her eyes, feeling the taste of strawberry fill her taste buds. When she was done with her fruit salad about ten minutes later, she took her dish and walks into the kitchen and set her dish in the sink so she could wash it later. She looks outside seeing no one out there, but something told her something was out there and she was going to find out what it was.

Ashe grabs her Bō staff and ran outside with Black Rose Dragon following her. The others were confused and Manta and Yoh began following her, Ashe ran quickly and ran through something and Yoh and Manta slam into a barrier. Ashe continues running and slid to a stop when she saw a familiar tree with a small talisman hanging on the tree.

Black Rose Dragon appears beside her in full form, maybe as tall as Amidamaru, Ashe didn’t know. Black Rose starts growling loudly and Ashe starts looking around and grips her Bō staff tightly and continues looking around. Black Rose continues growling and Ashe scanned around her surroundings.

What was it that was calling her, Ashe walks over to the tree cautiously and touches it. Something told her to touch it, and she did. Ashe cringes when something entered her body and she backs away and got ready to find it. Something that would attack her, Black Rose’s growl got louder and Ashe grips her staff and gazes around.

Then, a scream was heard behind her, and she jerks around to see what was moving behind her. Ashe seems to sense no one behind her, but Black Rose continues growling and progresses on getting louder. Ashe grips her staff and tossed it to the place where Black Rose was growling at, but it didn’t hit anything, and Ashe ran quickly to where she tosses her staff and Black Rose quickly follows her.

“Who’s out here, show yourself!” Ashe shouts loudly, and picks up her staff and got ready to fight. “I know someone’s out here, and I wanna know who!”

The voice chuckles and Ashe continues to stay in her stance. The man walks out and Black Rose roars loudly, and the man shows himself, he looks like Yoh but with longer brown hair. Ashe growls a little bit, even though she didn’t know who he was.

“My, my, look at what we got here.” The man says walking up to her, and the faded color eyes glare at him and she stood her ground. “It’s a young girl who's a shaman,”

“And your point,” Ashe glares, and put her hand behind the Bō staff and she chants while her hair floats in the air; “Chilling flames engulf the entire world. Pitch-dark flower, set into bloom! Bloom into darkness, Black Rose Dragon!” Black Rose growls and fused into her Bō staff and it turns into a scythe, she grips it tightly as her black and deep red furyoku blooms into her scythe. “Now what do you want here?”

“Simple, to take my brothers soul,” The man smiles and a giant red spirit appears the man and Ashe was shocks on how big it was. “But I will kill those who get in my way, even if she is the infamous Black Rose.”

“You’re not going to touch my best friend!” Ashe shouts, and jumps in the air and pulls her scythe behind her yelling; “Black Rose Gale!” She thrusts her scythe forward and attacks him with gale of flames. It flew at him quickly, and in a flash of smoke, Ashe lands on the ground and looks up hoping to see that it was gone, but it didn’t even budge. “What?”

“You forget who I am, Black Rose, I am known as Hao Asakura and I am the strongest Shaman.” Hao continues smiling, and Ashe growls gently. “Though, I am curious about your furyoku, it seems it goes off the charts when I sense it.” With that statement, Ashe smirks gently, and got her scythe ready once again. “You continues to fight?”

“Why not, it gives me something to do, and I’d rather kick your ass before you touch my best friend!” Ashe says jumping in the air again, and took her scythe and pushes it forwards and calls out; “Black Rose Flare!”

The chilling black flames attack Hao once again, and then she slams her scythe on the ground calling; “Black Binding Bloom!” Black vines crack through the ground and starts surrounding the giant spirit. It caught the giant spirit in its grasp and the chilling black flames struck them quickly. “Did I get him?”

“You wish.” says a voice behind her, Ashe gasps and turns around quickly but was hit with a giant flame ball, she didn’t scream at all; “Hmm…” Hao starts and watches her take the flame. “Why aren’t you screaming?”

“Simple.” She mocks and looks up with half-lidded eyes, and she took her arms away from her face, Ashe was slightly burnt and she smiles a little. “I am a dark fire master. Fire doesn’t hurt me as much.”

Hao growls and he disappears with his flame and giant spirit; “Until we meet again, Ms. Harada.

Ashe looks up with a slightly burnt face, her right eye slightly closing from the flames hitting her face. Black Rose appears beside her and nuzzles her gently, she looks back and saw Black Rose and pets her head. She turns back to the tree and starts walking out of the forest, holding her arm with her good arm and the barrier was down and she saw the sun rising. How long has she been in there? Ashe began walking and towards a new day.