Sixteen: Nobody's Fool

Ashe, in the distance, sat and watches Yoh’s fight with the X-Laws. Ashe would be there in case something went back and she could use her power to help him. Ashe didn’t care if he got mad at her or not, but she was going (and intending) to keep her promise.

When Ashe looks over seeing a man in a hat and wearing black, Ashe’s eyes widen, but she didn’t wanna interfere with this battle.

She didn’t see the point. Ashe knew Yoh could take care of himself, but that man- she didn’t trust him at all.

Ashe got up after seeing enough, she jumps back to the place they were staying.

~ ღ ~

Ashe sat on the lawn looking up at the sky once more; she felt better knowing that Yoh was going to achieve his dream of becoming Shaman King. She’ll be right by his side when that happens,

“Hey, Ashe, you okay?”

“Ah, I’m fine Horohoro.” She smiles turning to him and leaned back into the grass putting her legs up in the air. “All I’m doing is thinking.”

“What about?”

“Hmm, I’m not sure. My mind is jumbled so, I can’t think clearly on one thing.” Ashe told him glancing back at the sky. “And besides, whatever I’m thinking about, will be something worth –maybe- sharing.”

Horohoro chuckled and nods sitting next to her, pulling some strands of grass and putting on her face as she closed her eyes.

“Hey, if I asks you to tell me about your past, would you tell me?” Horohoro asks her.

Ashe opened her eyes lightly blowing some grass from her face and hopped on her butt and looks ahead sadly.

“I’m not very proud of it, but I also can’t say I’m happy with it either.” Ashe says. “I lost my parents when I was five years old but I can’t remember for the life of me how they died, I then lost my brother to my aunt and uncle a year later, and when I was seven I met Yoh after being beat up by some bullies,

“A few years later, I began training instead of going to school and then here I am now.” Ashe finished speaking. “I regret not going to school, but I had uncontrollable furyoku that if I went near a window it’d break. I had to control it somehow, and when I was first entering the Shaman Tournament, Crow and I had our disagreements, and when we were fighting he lost control and his Dragon manifested and cut my back.

“I can’t remember who saved me, all I remember is seeing sandy blond hair and gray eyes, and I was knocked out. When I awoke, I saw Yoh next to me, and the next thing I knew, I’m meeting you guys.”

Horohoro looks at her, wondering how a sweet girl like her ended up having something that tragic happen to her, he will never know? She giggles putting her knuckle to her chin and looks at him.

“No worries though, Horohoro-kun. I’m good, I’ve forgotten my past and I’ve forgiven those that needed to be forgiven.”

Horohoro smiles her way and she smiles back and looks back at the sky.

~ ღ ~

Shrinking herself into the bath, Ashe sighed in relief feeling the hot water relax her muscles; she’s been under too much stress lately. Ashe lightly looks up at the ceiling once more hearing shuffling beside her, Ashe turns to the side seeing Ruby swimming around in the water happily.

She giggles lightly putting her finger to her lower lip closing her eyes lightly. Ashe splashed him lightly and he stops swimming looking at her.

“What’s on your mind, Lady Ashe?”