Fourteen: Beggin' On Your Knees (Ashe's Flashback)

Ashe walks around her hometown with some fruits and vegetables in her bags; it was getting close to her thirteenth birthday but no one would celebrate it with her, not even her boyfriend of a couple of years.

He was a jerk, but she was blinded by love.

Ashe sighed lightly and stops to look at the evening sky, something about tonight didn’t feel right to her. Hearing her Oracle Bell beeping at her, she put her arm up seeing a name there, and the location.

“An hour until the battle, I can do that.”

Ashe quickly trotted up the stairs and quickly put the groceries up, grabbing her sword and putting it behind her, she put on a serious face and walks out of the house, not knowing the danger she just put herself in.

~ ღ ~

Ashe stood there waiting for her opponent to show up, and then she felt something behind her and quickly taking out her sword, and blocked the oncoming attack.

“So, I get you tonight, eh?”

“…You…”

“Yep, me.” The boy smirks and Ashe got her sword whilst getting ready.

Chilling flames engulf the entire world. Pitch dark flower set into bloom! Bloom into Darkness, Black Rose Dragon!

Black and Purple flames surrounds the sword and it turns into a scythe, the boy smirks and transformed his weapon into a giant sword, and Ashe narrowed her right eye and they began fighting.

Blocking a hit from hitting her, she used to her foot to kick the boy back and he slid back quickly, raising her scythe again and she called out;

“Black Rose Gale!” Swinging her scythe once more, shooting him with some purple flames, hitting him.

The boy jumps up in the air and dodged the attack coming at him and went straight for her once more. Pursing her lips, Ashe blocked the attack once more and dug her feet in the ground to keep her from sliding.

The boy growls and pushes more against her, growling loudly she pushes more against him yelling out and he flew back. Finally, she noted. He finally went back and now I can attack him again, quickly she swung her scythe powerfully at him and yells out;

“Black Rose Flare!”

Having more flames with roses heading towards him, gasping the fire hit him head on as she grinned putting her scythe down beside her and watches the boy get up with his orange hair hitting his face.

Ashe could hear him growling and seeing his giant dragon appear behind him with a loud cry, Ashe gasps and took a step back and readied herself from being attacked. The boy charged quickly at her and Ashe put her up scythe, he disappears.

“Wha-AHH!

Ashe screamed in pain feeling claws strike her back heavily, eyes widen as she fell to the ground groaning in pain. Blood spurted from her wound and landed around her, she pushes herself up and Ashe looks up with hazy eyes, Ashe grabbed her scythe and screeched out to him.

HATE ROSE WHIP!

A thorn whip headed his way and gripped his arm and he hissed in pain as it wrapped around his body and gripped it tightly. He yells in pain, her vision hazed more, Ashe growls and kept her grip on him.

“You will pay for doing this, Crow!”

Crow shouts more in pain as she gripped her fist tightly, more thorns dug into his skin whilst her vision hazed even more.

Dammit, I can’t see…’ Ashe says in her mind and passed out seeing someone above her with a small smile on his/her face and her vision finally went black.

~ ღ ~

Ashe woke up a few days later back in her house, gasping for air she jumps out of bed (probably a bad idea) and grabbed her stomach tightly.

“Careful Ashe, you have a wound on your back.” says a familiar voice beside her.

Ashe looks over seeing Yoh with a worried look on her face. She blinked lightly and sat back on her bed and stares at him with a questionable look.

“What happened to me, Yoh? I remember battling Crow and somehow ended up here?”

Yoh sighed lightly with a small smile on his face. “Someone brought you back here and dressed your wounds; I’m not sure who they were either.”

Ashe stares at her bed lightly and nods. Understanding him, besides she knew he was lying about knowing who it was, but she didn’t wanna press it because it would ruin their friendship.

Yoh watches her curiously as she stares at her bed whilst wincing in slight pain, Yoh looks over seeing a bit of blood covering her back, the wound opened slightly from all the movement she just did. Yoh grabbed the antiseptic and took the scissors cutting it quickly. Ashe trusted him enough not to look at her body anyway, Ashe looks up at the ceiling ignoring at the pain shooting throughout her back.

Ashe continues looking at the ceiling and then when the pain subsided from the medicine, she felt Yoh wrap the wound once more, Ashe lightly sighed when he began tying the wound someone ran through the door, and both looks over seeing Ashe’s boyfriend.

“Ashe, baby, are you alright?”

“Yeah, no thanks to you.” Ashe responded turning her head away glaring at the wall. “Why didn’t you support me, huh? Is it because your whore of a girlfriend!?”

The boy glared at her, about ready to attack but Yoh grabbed his arm and twisted it behind his back.

“You hit her; you have me to deal with.”

Ashe stares at Yoh in shock and smiles lightly. “Yoh…” She breathed out quietly.

The boy snaps his arm away from Yoh and growls. “Stay out of this you freak!”

“Don’t you dare call him a freak, because I’m a freak too! And besides, he’s my best friend, if you don’t like it. Then we’re through!”

The boy growls and walks off angrily, Ashe began giggling and then busted up laughing, Yoh stares at her with a confused look and she grinned towards him.

“Your face, I’m sorry but that was priceless!”

Yoh then grinned back and they both began laughing, happy that she was out of that bad relationship, Yoh was her best friend, and she going to give him up for anything. Not even for a boyfriend.