Thirteen: Seeing Devin

Ashe stares at the night sky, taking in the stars appearance in her mind. Ashe’s eyes softened more as she looks down and curled up in her spot to think about her brother. Ashe got up and walks off to the river once more, after a while of getting there; Ashe stood there and looks out into the ocean whilst the moon shined brightly against the water.

Quickly looking back after seeing something move from the corner of her eye, Ashe grabbed her clips tightly and an attack quickly headed towards her.

“Ruby, in the Six Pedaled Flower!” Ashe called out to her spirit. “Santen Kesshun! I reject!”

A triangle shield appears in front of her and Ashe quickly blocked the attack from hitting her, her eyes widen when she saw familiar blond hair and brown eyes, Ashe kept her hands up and she began speaking.

“Devin! Devin is that you!”

The boy continues attacking her and she continues blocking him. His brown eyes were really dull and he bared his fangs for a bit and shoved against her. Ashe yelped and flew back landing on the sand and lifted herself on her elbow whilst still looking at him.

“Devin!” Ashe shouts and sat up on her butt and he held his sword tightly and charged at her. “Koten Zanshun! I reject!”

The attack quickly headed in his direction and hit the sword heavily and Ashe’s eyes widen quickly and back-flipped away from the sword heading towards her, Ashe’s pupils began shaking quickly and tears escaped her eyes.

“Snap out of it, Devin! Please!” Ashe begged and stood up.

“Not until your dead!” Devin shouts at her and attacked her once more. “You left me alone; you never came by to save me!”

“I didn’t know where they lived, Devin!” Ashe shouts back blocking another hit from him. “Please, you have to believe me!”

“Never, you left me to be alone!”

“I’m sorry, Devin! I didn’t mean to leave you alone like that, I promise!”

LIES! ALL LIES!” Devin screeched at her and struck her side deeply. Ashe gasps and fell to the side and held her side in pain trying not to scream in pain.

“Please… Please, stop this Devin! It’s not worth it!”

Devin stayed there panting in place and he looks up seeing someone there, Devin then took a deep in-take of breath and took a step back, Ashe didn’t know what was going on because he was frightened to see them.

“Get away from her.” The voice threatened to him. Devin stepped back from the young girl as she looks over seeing a young boy walking towards her. He had brown hair and eyes, it couldn’t be…

Yoh…?’ Ashe thought still holding her side in pain.

When the young boy bent down towards her, he let out a grin and asks her.

“How ya holdin’ up there, Ashe?”

Letting out a strained laugh and closed her eyes in pain. “Been better, Yoh. I’m sure I can live through it if I can tend to it quick enough.”

Yoh laughed and looks at the young boy who kept his shocked gaze at him. Yoh told him to get away and he ran off.

Ashe let out a couple of tears and began sobbing softly. Yoh grabbed her arm and propped her against him with her arm around his shoulder and pressing up against the wound and took her back to the place.

~ ღ ~

Ashe lay in bed healing her side, hissing in pain as the wound tried closing. Ashe opened her eyes seeing an orange dome surrounding her; she looks around and blinked lightly. Sitting up she felt some pain in her side and she looks around the bedroom she was in.

Ashe was sure she heard talking in the other room but didn’t really strain her ears to listen to them, putting a fist up to her eye; she rubbed it and stood up as the dome disappears and she walks there.

Smiling, she rubbed the back of her neck feeling her short locks tickling her skin gently as she felt the tip of one of her scars,

Ashe knew about scars, she knew what pain truly was. It was as her father says about that one myth about the hero with the waxed wings…

He made wings out of wax so he could fly, but when he got too close to the Sun, to God, the wax melted and he crashed to the ground…

Ashe smiles and looks up at the roof lightly and softened her eyes quietly, she hoped this will end soon.