Tension

Jokers hand gripped Leyla's thigh as he sped through traffic. His attention was on the road but he kept looking at Leyla, occasionally turning to her or peering at her from the corner of his eye.

When Leyla caught him looking at her, he grinned at her.

Her heart leaped inside her chest

Her heart leaped inside her chest. He was definitely a handsome man, that much was obvious. Maybe the fact that he was such a bad man, a murderer and psycho, was what turned her on the most.

She blushed thinking about it and eventually smiled back at him seductively. She usually had a seductive tone in her voice, her movements, her smile. But now it was purely raw emotion. She did want him.

And she knew exactly why he was taking her to his secret hideout. She was a stranger to him and vice Versa. Surely he was smarter than that, bringing someone to his secret place knowing the whole world and its mother were looking for him.

But he knew there was some fragility to her, she genuinely hated Gotham.

"Leyla...that's a beautiful name. And you are a beautiful doll." Joker said in a raspy voice, entranced by the beauty next to him.

He smirked as they reached their destination.

He stopped the car as a number of men approached them, guns in hand. Jokers hand was still on Leyla's thigh, gripping harder.

"These are my goons. They won't harm you, they know better than that." He said as he looked at his men, almost as if he was disgusted.

"This is absolutely necessary

"This is absolutely necessary. They know to stay out of my hair but are there for me when I need it." He explained.

Leyla nodded and watched as Joker got out of the car. As he walked around to Leyla, his mouth was moving but she couldn't make out what he was saying. All she noticed were the men falling back, surrounding the hideout, but not entering it.

Joker opened Leyla's door and took her hand as she stepped out. He held her hand still, gently, as he walked her inside.

It wasn't much of a hideout, it resembled a mansion. The property was large and secluded, gated. Leyla was both afraid and excited.  She couldn't tell which.

As soon as they entered, the joker closed the door behind them and immediately grabbed Leyla's waist, pushing her back onto the door. He kissed her with such force, such passion that it took Leyla's breath away. She pushed him off slightly, enough to break the kiss. He immediately took off his jacket and turned briefly to throw it onto the couch.

As he slowly turned back to her, his mouth was slightly open, staring deep into her eyes. His eyes were filled with emotion, pain, longing, vulnerability. A million things at once.

He was unable to make out the feelings he was feeling at the moment

He was unable to make out the feelings he was feeling at the moment. Arousal, yes. Interest, big time. Infatuation. Possibly.