Hostage situation

(A/N I apologize for the lack of updates, as a full time college student, it's been pretty tough to dish out chapters. Thanks for reading and voting you guys, and as always, please let me know what you think! Also, I'm working on a few new chapters AND a new joker story so please stay tuned for those! They're gonna be fun!!)

*****

Leyla's sister Lana watched as the man limped into the room in a hurry. His face was twisted in an evil grin, eyes wide with glee.

"I must say, I am very proud of you Lana! You have grown so quickly," he said as he smiled to her.

Lana smiled back and looked down at the sleeping girl in front of her.

"How long will she be out?" She asked as she kept her eyes still on Leyla.

"Don't you worry your pretty little head, your sister will be fine. She'll awake in a few hours." He sat down at the foot of the bed looking down at Leyla as well.

"So penguin, you never really told me your plan. I brought her here, so what?" Lana raised her eyes to meet his gaze.

"What a shame that such beauty is wasted on that FREAK!" Penguin exclaimed as he kept looking down at Leyla. "My plan was just to ensure that Leyla is out of harms way. I know what she means to you," penguin said as he stood up.

"Thanks for that. But why wouldn't she be safe? What are you planning?" Lana asked as she walked to him, placing her arms around his neck.

"That freak of nature has taken everything I own. EVERYTHING! And I don't intend on sitting around idly as he conquers newer territory. He thinks I was there to make a deal with him earlier, no..." he brought his face lower to meet Lana's.

"No my dear. This is the end of the clown prince. I have the one thing he truly cares about." He shifted his eyes to Leyla but back to Lana as he smiled wickedly and planted his lips on hers.

--

"FROST, where the fuck are you!?" Joker yelled into his phone as he drove erratically down the dark, damp avenues of Gotham.

"Boss. I was able to trace Leyla's phone. She's over at The Fish Bar. Me and the guys are driving there now." Frost replied as politely as possible.

Joker slammed on the brakes and looked ahead.
The fish bar.

That was penguins bar. The bastard was there earlier.
He stared ahead as his thoughts finally caught up to him.

--

--

Lana walked to the bar area to grab a drink. Had she not fallen in love with a lunatic herself, she'd blame Leyla for this entire scenario. But she herself was guilty mingling with the criminals. And it was hard not to.