The return of Griggs

A/N I am sooo excited that this story has gotten over 1K reads! Thank you soooo much!! Unfortunately I also had a bit of a writers block and was faced with the decision of either ending this story or keeping it on for a little longer.

I'll leave that to you guys! For now, enjoy this super long chapter!
*************

Leyla walked slowly down the cold, marble steps. She woke up to a note from Joker and a rumbling tummy.

She stopped in the middle of the stairs and took the note out of the pockets of her lavender robe.

Don't forget your promise...

J

She smiled as she tucked it back in her pocket. She decided she'd send some nudes as soon as she got some food in her stomach.

She looked around noticing the emptiness of the mansion. It had never been like this.

Oh yeah, I kinda killed all of them. She chuckled to herself.

She walked into the large kitchen and reached for the large handle of the fridge. Before she could even get around to opening it, she heard some shuffling behind her.

She turned around quickly, grabbing a knife from the counter and gripping it tightly. She looked around but couldn't find anything. She sighed and kept a hold of the knife, letting herself relax.

With her other hand she took out her phone and began to text Joker.

Before she could hit send, she noticed a shadow near her feet. Knowing there was someone behind her she quickly ducked and extended her legs backward, making the figure trip and fall on his face.

She kicked his stomach making him yelp in pain and placed the knife firmly on the crook of his neck.

"Who are you?" She asked calmly.

The man began to chuckle. His laugh grew wilder as his hands snaked down to his gun, unbeknownst to Leyla. He suddenly shoved the knife away from Leyla's hand and pushed himself up, blindly shooting at her. She screamed in pain, landing on her knees holding her wounded shoulder. The same shoulder she had been shot at previously.

She hissed in pain as blood poured freely down onto the beautiful marble floor of the kitchen. She was on her knees, tears freely flowing. He walked towards her quickly and gripped her hair, tugging at it and making her look up at him.

Her eyes widened. "Griggs." She muttered in a low voice.

"In the flesh, baby." He brought his face closer. "You know why i'm here sweetcheeks, let's cut the chit chat." He brought his gun up to her head. "You won't feel a thing."

Just then, Leyla's cell phone started ringing. Her eyes widened in shock at this and she averted her eyes down to her pocket.

Griggs reached down and inspected it.

"Ooh... J? Is that who i think it is?" He said as he tapped the green button on the phone.

"Leyla's phone, Griggs speaking." He said with a huge smile, staring devilishly at Leyla.

Leyla couldn't stop sobbing. The pain intensified as he held her up.

On the other end, Joker nearly dropped the phone.
He turned his gaze to Frost and beckoned him to go to the car as he also started sprinting toward it.

"Griggs...where is she?" Joker asked, he knew what was going to happen. He knew what Griggs would attempt.

"Hey lighten up man. We'll call it even, whatdya say?" Griggs said as he slapped Leyla hard causing her to yell out in pain and sob violently on the floor.