CHAPTER 1

Piya's POV
Dehradhun, 8.00 pm
........................................................................
I've just stepped on the earth after 10 hour long journey by plane.It might have just rained now. The wet air
swept over my face taking all the tiredness from my mind. I don't know why this completely new place seemed familiar to me.
I was brought up in a middle class family in Calcutta. I've come to this place to complete my graduation from Mount college in IT through scholarship. No doubt lots of dreams and ambitions were over me along with mom and dad's aspirations.
After a long tiring procedure I managed to come out of the airport and hired a taxi to reach the hostel.

The taxi was going at it's full speed when I asked the driver to stop. I was feeling nausea at my stomach and need to vomit then. The driver was really kind to offer me cold water which made me feel better though.

After a while we had to stop again and this time it was because of the huge traffic ahead. I preferred to go and have a look to find out the reason behind such a huge traffic jam.
As far as I was going, a sound of rock music and people's sounds of shouting was becoming clearer to me. It was like some rock concert was held up there. It was nearly 11.00 pm and I had to reach hostel as soon as possible. No doubt I was becoming totally mad about a concert being held up at the middle of the road.
I somehow managed to go at the front of the stage to see who the he'll on earth was performing then. All I could find was total darkness!!! There's absolutely none visible on the stage except smokes and flashes of lights.
The music was really amazing and the crowd was going crazy over it. Even the police was not being able to control it. The song was about grieving at someone's beloved's departure...... I became mesmerized.......
I was frozen at my spot... Completely forgot about the taxi, time and hostel. Someone just had to push me so hard that I fell on the ground only to get my sense back.
I rushed back to my taxi. The driver informed me that the police had opened the bypass road to clear the traffic jam. I hurriedly sat back to my seat and ordered the driver to drive at his full speed as I need to reach the hostel before midnight. The driver also assured me that we are going to reach by 15 mins.
After about 10 mins of smooth driving the car came at a halt. The driver went down to check what happened.
:Is everything okay??... What happened???
:It's nothing ma'am.... I think the battery went down.
:battery went down???... And you are telling nothing... How will I reach now!!! Oh God! I'm doomed....
:Ma'am the hostel's not so far from here.... You can go there by foot.
:are you crazy???? I'm totally new at this place... And this jungle around here.... How can I????
Seriously I was at a fix then.... I couldn't think of anything when the driver told me that there's a shortcut through the jungle.
:ma'am this path straight goes to the other sight of the jungle. You just need to walk straight. Your hostel is right there.
I had no option but to agree to it. I can't stay the whole night in the middle of the jungle in this car. So I just grabbed my back ,paid the driver and started walking towards the jungle.
It was really dark there. Thank God it was a fool moon night then. But the moon light was making things look even spookier. I decided not to look around much and to walk straight ahead.
I was walking straight when I realized that I had lost my way. Seriously, I was walking on the path and it just vanished. I started to panic. It was really impossible for me reach the hostel now. All I could do now is to pray that a miracle happens and I can reach at a safe place.
And then something really happened......
I got caught up in a net and it was hanging from a tree. It must be a trap laid here to catch some kind of wild animals. I got trapped in that. Panic seized me. But I couldn't let myself keep hanging like that. I had to figure a way out of here.
There was no point in shouting for help cause there was no one around and it would only attract the wild animals. Then I thought of something. I used to keep a pocket knife with me in my purse. I thought to try cutting the ropes with it.
I knew I would fall on the hard ground and might fracture a leg or two. But this was the only way out.
While cutting the last rope I took in a deep breath. I need to make a smart fall so that I don't hurt myself much. And with a sharp cry I fell..................

I was expecting hard ground when instead I fell over somebody. As soon as I realized it I opened my eyes to see who it was. All I could see was a pair of hypnotic blue eyes watching me with surprise. I was totally taken aback by those eyes. I was trying my best to keep my eyes open to keep staring at him but somehow my vision was becoming hazy . My head was spinning and I felt like someone was forcing me to go to sleep then. After struggling for a while I helplessly closed my eyelids and fell asleep in his arms.