CHAPTER 9

Paanchi's POV
………………………
The results are with me now. Poor Kabir!! We gave him hope and now we are taking it back.
This Richand gonna repent this decision.
:Romeo's role would be played by Abhay Richand. Congrats you won with 80% votes.
I could see him smirk and disappointment in my whole gang's eyes when I announced that damn result.
Abhay:Ms. Director these votes don't matter...you r the director and your decision should be final. So tell me your choice??
Danish:yes paanchi...please say who's your favorite actor?? (Pointing at kabir)
I could see hopes rising in my Danish's eyes. I feel really sorry to hurt him. But there was nothing I could do when it comes to my drama club. I can't do partiality here.
:my decision goes with the club members.
Abhay:sorry I didn't hear it! Say it aloud!!!
Kabir keeps standing there with heads down and Danish leaves hearing me. He must be angry with me.
:I choose you Mr. Abhay Richand!! You are gonna play the role of Romeo. Got it???
Abhay :totally!!!!!
His eyes were reflecting the evil inside him. He has literally created a huge mess in my life!!
Piya's POV
………………
Every one has left the rehearsal room disappointedly. This Abhay Richand has played a smart game. How can someone be so evil???
When he's about to leave I come and stand in front of him blocking his way. I need to confront him.
:wow Abhay wow!! (Clapping) what a game you played. In just a swept you created problems between a couple, misunderstanding between two friends and made Paanchi's life a mess just because she opposed to give in to your aristocratic acts. Wow!!
Abhay:leave my way!!!!
:sure...I definitely will....but you need to remember one thing with money and power you may buy the whole college but you cannot win people's heart. Our love and support have always been with kabir and will be with him.
Abhay:yeah... Keep loving and supporting him... Cause he needs shoulder to cry on!!!
:you know you are disgusting. What kind of man you're??
Abhay:the kind of man you would never understand!!
Saying this he just left.....leaving me stunned.
Dehradhun highway, 10.00 pm
……………………………………………
Misha was with me in my hostel all afternoon and evening working on the project we need to submit next week. Too much stress has got our head and shoulder aching. So we decide to go for a walk on the highway.
:Piya..slower please!!! Does anger increase you speed huh??!!
:Misha I so hate Him!! what does he really think of himself?? (Panting)
He's so......
:stop talking about that moron plz... You were blabbering the whole day!!
Just then misha's mobile rings.. And I could see Mr. Dobriyal's name flashing.
:hey Piya.. It's dad! You go ahead I will join you after talking.... Don't go too far!!!
:okay...okay!!!
I need to clear my head and get that bratty Richand out of me!!! So I put on headphones playing music aloud and increase my jogging speed with the rhythm.
Who knows this loud music would distract me so much that I wouldn't even hear the horn of the truck coming towards me. The truck soon comes near me flashing it's lights upon my face. My eyes become completely blind because of the sudden flash of the light in dark. I could sense the truck coming but neither I can see it nor understand where to move.
With a sharp cry I try to run away from the road but I have somehow stuck there. My legs have frozen to the very spot and I cannot even move a centimeter from there.
Finally I'm going to die!!!!

Abhay's POV
Old Wing, Richand Mansion
…………………………………………
I spend all my leisure times here.
This is the only place in this whole universe which feels like paradise to me.
Her memories are all around this room, more alive, more like I can sense Her presence here.
With eyes glistening full of tears I take her Kohl in my hand. This was her favourite. I can clearly remember how she used to hum songs while adorning herself.....how pretty she used to look when the Kohl of her eyes got smudged!!!
I start visualizing her when a sudden vision trespasses in my mind.
It's Her....!!!
Piya!!!!!!
I could hear her cry. Like she has been  shouting for help to save her from danger.
Then there's a sudden change of atmosphere ……………
I see her lying on the road in a pool of blood. Her eyes are left open having a thousand complains in them. A tear seems to pass over her creamy cheeks..... I can literally see her dying!!!
And then everything just comes back to normal leaving me completely shaken. I discover myself standing at the same place with that Kohl in my hand.
What I just experienced may be beyond my understanding but I can surely say it's not just a vision. It's like some warning or prediction. She must be in some trouble. I should save her!!!
Making up my mind I rush to the entrance of the mansion when Mrs Richand comes before me blocking my way.
:you won't go out now! It's not your job...
:I'm not your pet Mrs Haseena Richand. So get out of my way.
:no Abhay you can't.... It's a full moon night and it's not safe for you to go there now.
:I can take care of myself so please....
Saying this I jerked her hand holding mine and proceed towards the jungle in full speed.
I'm coming Piya...
I'm coming.... You just need to hold on a little. I'm going to save you no matter what!!!

Piya's POV
…………………
I was so ready to die.
So close to death but yet safe and sound only because of...……………
Him.
Just when the truck was about to run over me he appeared from nowhere and stopped it.
Abhay has saved me..... Again!!
I still couldn't believe it.. I'm still panting. Wait! Did he... Did he just...
....stop the truck with bare hands?!?!
What the hell??
I'm a student of science and I can very well understand how brakes work. The truck was in it's full pace and it had no intention to stop either.
Then how could he???
He then grab my hand pull me out of the road glaring at the truck driver. He makes me sit under a tree. I look into his eyes with disbelief but he's got no expression in them.
He goes to confront the driver.
It's evident that the driver is highly drunk. He just grabs his collar and makes him come down.
:you driving in a drunken state right?? (Slaps) I'm going to file case against you now ( slaps again)... Then see how you spend the rest of your life in jail.
:I'm sorry saaab...please forgive me... I'm very poor Saab... I've two small kids at home... Please saaab!! (Sobs folding his hands in apology) I had horned too... But madam didn't listen!!
Abhay then looked at me with a uttered disturbed face when I find myself still wearing the headphones and discover my phone lying over the ground.
He then leaves the collar of the driver and asks him to leave from there. Glaring at me for one last time he starts to leave. I grab his hand from behind and stop him.
:how did you know I am here and how the hell did you stop the truck??
:you are in shock.. Go home and take some rest!
:no answer me!!! How did you just stop the truck with bare hand???
:I didn't stop the truck.I just pulled you. ( grabbing my shoulder and pulling me closer to him)The truck stopped itself. Ever heard of brakes??
:do you think I'm a fool Abhay? I saw you stop the car...
:in your imagination!!
Just then Misha arrives from behind and pushes him away.
Misha:you moron!!! What were you doing to her??
It's clear that she got a wrong idea from our compromising position.
Abhay: don't ever touch me like that.
Misha:oh yeah? What will you do then?( pushing him again)
Abhay:you won't even want to know.
Misha:(looking at me) come on piya let's go. I don't want to waste my energy here.
:but Misha!!
Misha:no piya....you don't need to explain!! Let's go... Come!!
She then starts walking holding my hand but I cannot help looking back at Him again and again....