CHAPTER 12

Piya's p0v
Dobriyal house, 6.00pm
......................................
Everyone's busy in getting  ready except the bday girl herself who is taunting others about their makeup and dresses wearing same old faded jeans and t-shirts. Paanchi is looking pretty in purple top while I'm just looking helplessly at the mirror adjusting the knee-length white sundress they both forced me to put on.
Three of us go downstairs together where the party has already started. Noticing kabir on the bar, drinking and engrossed in thoughts, I approach towards him. I was about to touch him on shoulders when somebody grabs my upper arm and pulls me from there.
: Abhay?!! (Surprisingly) what was that? Leave me!!
:what? (Distancing himself from me) this? (Instantly coming closer and holding my arms tightly) and why do you think you had come to my home for? On the excuse of giving phone...huh?!
:you are hurting me abhay!!! Talk like normal humans if you want my answer!!
:I don't need any answers jaiswal! (Pulling me closer)your actions are saying it all!! Invest your energies at someone else. I'm not someone you should give a surprise visit on the pretext of something stupid!!
:wow abhay !!I just helped you giving your phone back and this is how you are treating me?! Such is an act of gratitude...huh?
:gratitude!..really? You didn't come to do any favour. You just came to find out about me! You have a poker nose which you have to sneak in everything you see!! I'm not someone you should go after!!!
:after you?? What?!
:just look at your reflection .(turning me around to the mirror)your cheeks are like a blotched tomato,(whispering in my ear) you're breathing out like some storm surging around and your heart is hammering like it would jump out any moment. This indicates it all!!!
:no...this is not!!
:yes this is it... Jaiswal!! THIS THE TRUTH...whether you accept it or not!
    I was so awestruck at this that I didn't even realise when he walked away. But to my uttered disappointment,he is right. Why do I become like this whenever he comes infront!! No one affects me the way he does.....
No,this is all nonsense and I won't give in to his damn words. This guy is just trying to inflict his charms on me and nothing else. I don't know whatever his intentions are but I won't give in to him. I JUST WON'T!!!

Kabir's p0v
...................
And I'm here all alone observing the couples, friend gangs drinking, dancing,chirping,gossiping and mostly enjoying. I take a last glance over the piece of jewel at my hand with a deep breath and is about put it in my pocket when she comes!
:For her?? It's very pretty!!
:Mish...??you really got me scared!
:haha....sorry dude!but tell me one thing why are you hesitating buddy...trust yourself and say it!!
:no...no....!!this is not way!if she says no,I will loose her as a friend too....you know champ she is the one I'm serious about for the very first time.
:yes, and so don't delay!!I mean you both are too perfect for each other. And dude no girl has ever said no to you until today and trust me she won't even. So stop being a "scaredy cat" and say it!!!
:no... Champ...you know na she's different!
:yeah so what? I can't wait for my body gift anymore! Wait your "mehbooba" is coming this way!! (Calls out) hey Piya....
She starts coming at a quick pace and I instantly hide the ring into my pocket!
Piya: guys I was looking for you everywhere!! (Misha winks at me with a smile) wait I need this!!
(grabbing the drink from my hand and sitting beside me)
Misha:wow! What am I seeing? Piya's asking for a drink?! (Mischievously winking)
Piya:please misha not now! ( gulping it) I really need to cool me down!
Misha:okay then enjoy!! (Leaving us alone and turning back to whisper in my ears "grab the opportunity Romeo! Cool your Juliet DOWN and impress her well")
:mish!!! (Hitting her playfully)
:tata....enjoy your time! (Winking and smiling naughtily while piya was observing all this with "what's going on?" expression!! O God...what am I going to answer to her now?)

Paanchi's p0v
.......................
Daanish and I was immerse in dancing ,lost in each other while she interrupted!
Misha:Hello Love birds! (Turning to daanish) can I please borrow your "madhubala"for a sec??
Daanish:(smiling broadly while I was giving "wtf"expression to both) sure darling!!
Misha: yeah..thts why I like you more! (Giving a hi5)come on birdy!
:what happened Mish?
:birdy come on look at this!
She points at the bar and I notice piya holding an empty glass of drink with stern expression while kabir was just staring at her helplessly.
:seriously...misha just look at them! Nothing can be done with these two!
:yeah see kabir! How he's just sitting without doing anything!we have to do something for him!
: yeah but what?
:I got a plan!let's cast a fun event like challenge on couple dance. We'll choose the partners on lottery and hook up piya and kabir by trick just to buy him a chance to open up to her.
:great Mish!!your brain is surely on rock star mood today...right?
:yeah...yeah now stop praising and let's go work!

Abhay's p0v
.....................
There's really a good way to go through these stupid human parties and that is to grab a drink and drink like you never did. So I approach towards the bar and order some vodka sitting beside kabir, who was there for long. Misha comes over, give me a grin and takes him to talk. After finishing he comes back smilingly to keep the glass  but leaves something else too.
Suddenly paanchi draws everyone's attention with the Mike gathering  people over the dance floor...
:attention every one!I think the party is going all okay but quite boring with all the booze and buzz, isn't it guys??
The crowd :yesssssssssss.....! (With a low tone)
Paanchi:so to make this even more interesting we have arranged a fun event! I'm telling you.... everyone have to join. So the rules are each one of you have to take out a chit from the jar and take that person as your dance partner with whom your chit number matches. Remember, this is a must and none can back out even if you don't like that person... Okay?
Crowd:(shouting to the top) c...Ooo..l!!
Paanchi:so let's start! Come on piya you take one first !
Piya hesitates for a moment and takes a chit finally! Paanchi the gives the chits to others. After finishing it all she comes to Misha and whispers something smilingly. I intensify my hearing power and hear it -"number 56 done! "

Hearing this I really can't help smirking while taking out the paper from from my pocket with number 56 printing on it!!

:yeah....56 done and MINE!!!