Prologue

It may be boring in the starting, but it gets better as it goes by, I promise.
Enjoy~~
Don't forget to vote and comment to show your support.
_______________________________________________________________________

"You want to work with us, you say?"

The brunette nodded confidently, surprising Karl. "You want to work with the largest, most dangerous assassination group?"
He sighed and leant closer to her.

"We don't just join anybody. I'm surprised you even found us. Do you know how hard it is to get in?"

She shook her head, as Karl rose his eyebrows in surprise.

"Well, I don't, I just came here since I was bored." And that, infuriated Karl even more. Did she think it was a joke? Did she think being an assassin was a joke?

"The test isn't easy. Either you pass and join us, or die. Simple as that." She nodded. "Let's try it then."

'Hell with this girl...' Karl thought.

"We'll give you the easiest test since you're young,"  he mumbled, turning away.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
She was in a room.  A plain, boring room. On the opposite wall was a door. Out of nowhere men surrounded her.

Karl leant forward interested in what the girl would do. She seemed confident, must've  I meant something right? She ran. He was confused. Why did she run? Being an assassin she is supposed to fight skillfully. He knew it, she wasn't suitable for this. That brat who had a big mouth. Karl sighed and got up from his seat. "Call me if anything interesting happens."

"But sir at this rate she might die."

"Then let her, we already warned her." With that, he walked out of the surveillance room, disappointed due to the waste of time.
----------------------------------------------

"S-sir! Something happened....i-i don't know..."

"What do you mean?" he asked coming inside.

"She said something and all of them started fighting each other!"

"What? That's absurd."

"Watch for yourself, sir." It was true. She ran around for a while, avoiding the men, but suddenly, she started speaking, gaining their attention and interest. There was hesitance in the eyes of those junior assassins. They looked at each other for a while and started to fight against them with determination. And the girl just stood there, doing nothing, smiling in satisfaction.

"Unbelievable.... What do those bastards think they are doing???!!"

This girl. She was suspicious. There was something about her.

But then, something unexpected happened, something which even she didn't expect. One of them hit her on the head. Hard. Knocking her unconscious.

"Well sir, I suppose she lost. According to the rules, I'm going to leave her to die."

"No."

"Sir?"

"Put up another test for her." There was something about her, he could feel it. He wanted to test it again. She was different. And he wanted to check if his gut was right.

"Another test? As in.....a second chance?" 

Karl nodded.

"But sir, that's against the rules, she failed, we can't-"

"Just do it. Put her in test number 375."

"But..... She's just a girl sir... Even though it's one of the easy tests"

Karl just walked out.

_________________________________

When she woke up, she was in a dimly lit room. Oh wait, cell. Jail cell. The walls were damp, full of mould. A musky smell filling the room. Both her hands were chained to the wall. 
And they weren't chained normally, she was hanging. Her armpits were aching.  Above her right hand, a huge patch of mould, stinking, dirty water dripping from it right onto her chained hand.

She heard a laugh, a psychotic one. A brainwashed guy who was being controlled was in front of her. He held a small dagger, looking at her with dilated pupils. He didn't know what he was doing. He was a puppet. Nothing more than a rag which would be thrown away after use.

"Finally!!" He screamed. She looked at him confused. What was going on? Her body felt dead. Numb. Pathetic.

"After this, I can go home! Camie will be so happy!!!" He laughed that laugh again. Poor guy. Poor brainwashed old lad.

He moved towards her.
He started slicing her skin, grinning. He split her skin open, watching the blood seep out, slowly, thickly. She just clung from the chain, hanging from the ceiling, helplessly, the gross, mouldy water falling on her chained, right hand. 

Karl sighed. Maybe this really was too much for her. He got his hopes up for nothing.

Just as he thought that, gasps filled the room. 

"R-rewind the video..." Karl stuttered. It was too fast. Like a blur. He couldn't really make out what happened.

He backed up the video, just a little bit, just to see what happened in that split second, and played the surveillance video.

She hung there lifelessly, bearing the pain of the psychotic man making bloody deep wounds in her body. In a flash, she slipped her right hand out the chain, and in the next moment the dagger in the man's hands were in hers. She plunged it in his neck and pulled it out, and he just fell to the ground before he could even react. It all happened, in a split second.

She was there, hanging with one hand chained, and one hand limply holding a dagger dripping with blood. She slowly lifted her head, and looked right at the surveillance camera at the corner of the room, right into the eyes of the ones who were watching her.

Karl's heartbeat stopped. That's when he saw it. The eyes. The eyes of a manipulative, cold-hearted, silver-tongued assassin.