Chapter 12

"How are we supposed to do it? He didn't even give us any clues!" William whisper shouted. They had to open a safe without breaking it open. The owner of the safe was standing beside it, and that's all they knew. Nothing more. How were they to randomly guess the code? Trial and error method was the only option, but they had only 7 tries. Each person could spend 30 minutes with the safe, alone.

When Azalea opened it as if it was nothing, all of them didn't know what to say. She winked at them. "Just bribed the answer out the owner is all." That was all she did.

"How can she do that? It's unfair!" William shouted.

Robert sighed and looked up at him. "I never mentioned the method neither did I mention any rules. Being an assassin, you should know you can use any method possible to complete your mission. That's what this test was for."

"B-but that's wrong..."

"Right method, wrong method, if this 'wrong method' is easier why bother going through the 'right method'  when the outcome for both is the same?" She said.

---------------------------------------

Azalea:180

Clara:160

Amanda: eliminated

Brian: 163

William:159

Clyde:175

_________________________

The Lesotho diamond in the hallway has been stolen today at 3:50. The culprit is in this building right now. Figure out who it is and prove it in 6 hours.

That was the text all of them got. William sighed and looked up at everyone. "So we just have to work together and give the same answer, right?"

Brian nodded. "I think we can start by investigating each person, is everyone okay with that?"

"Yes. As long as we don't work with her." Clary said, pointing at her. Azalea's eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Me? Oh dear, you must really hate me."

"I'm almost convinced you're actually the culprit."

She just stared at them, smiling to herself.

"What? Why are you silent? Are you scared since we figured you out?"

She let out a laugh. "Don't confuse silence for being scared, havent you heard? No one plans out loud."

"H-how dare you!! Just wait till I catch you!" She screeched.

"Why should I? You're too slow hun."

"Who can even trust you? You little b*tch you always did something in every test. Don't expect us to work with you"

"We don't need you anyways. We have Clyde, I'm confident we can prove she's the culprit."

"I wonder how many people were fooled by her when she was an assassin...oh wait people don't even believe her that she's an assassin that they send her to these tests-"

"Stop."

Everyone faced Clyde in surprise.

"What?"

"She may be cold hearted and strong, but she's human too, she has emotions too. So stop, that's enough." He said, his cold eyes boring into theirs.

She invaulantarily froze. How could he? Everytime, he was the only one who saw straight through her. He was the only person she could never decieve. He always saw the most pathetic, weakest sides of her. She just clicked her tounge and started to walk away.