Chapter 7

By the time she woke up, she figured she was unconscious for quite a while. She was so annoyed with herself. When had she started to be so careless? She felt that Melanie had probably been right all along, maybe she really wasn't cut off to be an assassin. 

That was so pathetic. What kind of assassin doesn't notice a needle in their arm? It was put in expertly, she had to admit that...It was so professional she hadn't felt a thing. 

By the time her dizziness subsided, she noticed she was in a garage. And typically, tied up to a chair with thick ropes.

She looked up through her hair, which was sticking to her face with all the sweat. The women she bumped into, aka the expert, was sitting infront of her. 

" I'm here to kill you, Azalea. I've been waiting for this moment since forever! It gives me chills to see you tied up to a chair, all weak and helpless." 

Azalea just looked at her, expressionless. So she knew who she was. That is one hell of an advantage. The women motioned to Azalea's leg, when she looked down she noticed something was strapped to her leg."A bomb." The women informed her. "You have no way out Azalea. You lost. It's impossible to survive this. You should've thought twice before messing with me."

Azalea then did something the women didn't expect. She did something someone in her position, at the verge of death wouldn't do.
She smiled.

The women was confused. She swallowed hard. What did Azalea do this time? She gripped onto her old khakis harder.

"The bomb won't hurt me." She whispered.

"W-what?"

Azalea laughed and let out a sigh. "I said, the bomb won't hurt me."

"Y-you know it's not real?" She choked out, her lips trembling.

Azalea lazily smirked. "Oh? So it's not real? That's a relief." 

She invaulantarily gasped at what she has done. The women wanted to punch herself at her own idiocity. Why did she blurt it out like that? What did this Azalea make her do?

"So you didn't know it was real....And you pushed the answer out of me..." Azalea nodded. "I'm impressed at how slow you are in understanding the scenario."
"What if the bomb was real?" The women asked.

Azalea smiled. She sure did love explaining how she makes things happen the way she wanted them to. She loved it when she was in control. " I said I knew the bomb couldn't hurt me, and there are two possible outcomes to that. One is you being surprised I knew the bomb wasn't real, or you panicking that since I'm Azalea I would have something up my sleeve and can escape from here, or knew how to deactivate it. 

It was a handful that you already knew about me, that way you were scared about me. Since the bomb isn't real....you were probably trying to use my fear to make me lose...It looks like I turned the tables around and used your fear against you."

The women just put her head in her hands. "Now that I know I'm not dying, I can think. What I don't understand is why? What is your motive? You said it was revenge, but the bomb isn't even real. It looked like you were just trying to scare me. Someone probably is making you do this or......Wait... Perhaps....Is this the first test?"

That was a shock. She didn't know the tests would start out of nowhere.

The ropes loosened around her which were hella tight till just a moment ago. The woman got up in shock and stood up in a defensive position. " ropes...how old fashioned. What kind of assassin doesn't know how to get out of ropes?" Azalea said, standing up and dusting herself. 

She took the chair behind her and swung it onto the woman's head, immediately knocking her unconscious. How pathetic. She clicked her tounge and walked towards the garage door, dragging the woman's limp body and put her thumb onto the scanner. It made a beeping sound in recognition and the door opened. She dropped the woman and walked out, looking around the unfamiliar place. 

Her experienced ears heard soft footsteps behind her and she immediately spun around."Hello. Please follow me." A lady dressed professionally said. "Why should I? After all, this could be a trap."  

"You don't have a choice, do you?" Azalea smiled widely at what she heard. " I love the way you talk Hun." It thrilled her to see people who used words to their power.

She followed the woman into a room in which 9 other people were there. She stood along with the group of exaughste people.
"Looks like you all passed. That's surprising, the highest number we had was 5. Looks like this year's assassins are interesting." A man in his early forties said. "I'm Robert, your guide during the tests. I can assure you that the tests aren't a piece of cake, neither a killer. There were 42 people who were eliminated in the first round. That test was to check how an assassins mind works during fear. Each test checks different aspects and abilities of being an assassin. Each of you dealt with the test differently. There are chances atleast one person gets eliminates in each test. So be careful, who ever lasts after the last game, will officially become an assassin, or in special cases, prove that they are an assassin." He said, his eyes lingering on Azalea while stating his last line. For now, you should all go back to your rooms and take some rest, believe me, I doubt you will have a good night's sleep after today." 

Wow. That was one hell of a way to welcome someone.

"Ritza, please lead them to their assigned rooms. I will explain the details tomorrow."

Not bad, she thought. The vibes these people were giving surely did make them feel like the tests won't be entirely easy.

She wondered, how different days would be now that there were people competing against her...

The woman took a few people and showed them their rooms, meanwhile Azalea was left in the hall with two girls.

Azalea needed to know her opponents, she had to know whom she was up against. They didn't make it sound like it was a competition but it surely was.

She examined the two of them closely. Perhaps too close she read straight through them.

One girl had blond hair tied up at the back with sharp brown eyes. She looked like the kind of girl who did things on instinct, looking at how she was tugging the hem of her shirt. They way she was looking lost showed how she doesn't adapt to places easily, that suggests that she gives up when she feels helpless. "So...who're you guys?"

"O-oh...I'm Amanda."

The other girl had frizzy brown hair and glasses. She looked confident, but her eyes said otherwise, she was nervous. She stood straight and firm, by if you closely paid attention you would notice her tense shoulders. "You can call me Clary." She informed. 

"I hope we get along, there's gonna be a lot of competition ahead." Azalea told them. The girls nodded agreeing with her.

"Miss Azalea, this way please, your room is ready." She got up and looked at them one last time. "Well then ta, see ya tomorrow morning!" With that she walked off, away from the two girls she just encountered.

"Azalea...That name seems familiar."