Chapter 11

She picked her target and looked at him dead in the eye. She greeted him, if you could say that, with a sinister smile. He turned around trembling and tried to run away. Away from her. Away from that monster. She started running with her head low. Her legs were long with great agility. She passed by him, and no one would have noticed what she had done in that splint second if it wasn't for the poor guy. The figure jerked forward, and collapsed with a sucking, bubbling neck wound. The familiar smell of sickening blood filled the room again. The fresh smell of blood. She didn't even look back and just kept on running.

She stopped abruptly and threw a dagger at him swiftly, which stuck to the wall a few metres away from him.

"You missed." He breathed out, panting, smiling out of joy. "Oh, no dear, I wasn't aiming for you."

The rope split and the large beam held by it dramatically fell on top of him with a loud creak. Instant death, is it not?

Clary put a hand over her mouth, who was next. She held onto the weapons given to her. Azalea didn't look even bothered after killing, no ,gruesomely murdering all those people

"W-what is she..?" Her voice trembled.

"Completed the whole course in 40 seconds, impressive, Azalea. You haven't even shown any pity for all those people there." Robert stated, gesturing to the dead. They weren't killed normally, all of them were stabbed, shot or crushed in a gore way. All in a matter of 40 seconds.

She didn't reply. She pulled out her band letting her hair down like usual, and just stared at the board with the points. He was good at everything. This was the 7th test, and her score was still below Clyde's. How bothersome.

She can't just keep on doing well with the tests to surpass everyone, she had to bring them down. She couldn't say the others were doing bad either.

She licked her lips and smiled, slightly glancing at him. She definitely has something up her sleeve, and she just can't wait. He better put his gaurd up.

---------------------------------------------

The next test was a one on one fight. No rules. Fight till one of them surrenders or is knocked unconscious. Killing was prohibited. That's all there was to it.

The test was surely going to be fun. She was standing in front of William. And his eyes held nothing but a burning desire to kill. Specifically, to kill her.

William went on the offensive. He lashed out, aiming for her gut. Instead his fist was held and was pushed off. He ducked as her fist came towards him, but what he didn't know, was the fist was never for a punch, it was meant for him to duck. When he did, his stomach met with her knee, the griping pain traveling across his body. His eyes widened as tears invaulantarily blurred his vision.

Was a kick in the stomach with a knee, supposed to be that painful? It wasn't just strength, it was also skill.

He straightened his back, despite the stabbing pain. Every time he looked at her, he remembered the body of Oliver drenched in blood. He remembered how his face looked, eyes wide and lifeless. That was his fuel. She had to pay.

He charged and pushed her to the wall, knocking the air out of her lungs.

She let out a breathy chuckle and looked up at him. "Oh you wanna play? Let's play." She pushed him off of herself as he staggered back. "This is getting interesting, I might get serious y'know. That would be bad."

He staggered back and watched her form slowly walk towards him. She kicked him on his chest as he let out a wheezing sound, and the next thing he knew, he was rolling down the stairs, hitting himself, making his whole body sore. The long stairway seemed endless to him. He got a glimpse of her, slowly walking down the stairs, following his falling, helpless body.