Chapter 19

"This company has high security. And it's been doubled since the disappearance of their CEO." Carson's voice boomed through the earpiece as he was keeping watch on the hacked surveillance cameras.
"Now that's a lot more fun."  She simply said.
She let out a gasp when her legs lost grip and she zoomed downwards. She stuck the stopper onto the window and came to a stop, panting heavily. She whipped her head upwards. "Clyde!" She hissed, annoyance lacing her voice.

Clyde tightened the wheel at the edge. He gave a slight unnoticeable smirk. "Sorry. I'm new to this y'know."
He was on the terrace, since getting inside the room with tight security seemed impossible, and they didn't have a warrant to investigate the room as police.
So they decided to choose the oldest trick in the book.
An assassins old fashioned way.
Old is gold y'know.
It was something similar to abseiling. She was going down the tall building to enter the room, while Clyde controlled the wheel on top.

He was expecting some comeback from her due to what he did. But nothing. His brows knitted a little. "Are you okay?"
When she didn't respond he immediately looked down the steel cable. She smirked up at him. "What? Were you worried about me."

"Of course I was."

She clicked her tounge and continued to climb down as he slowly controlled the wheel. "You're way too honest. You're supposed to deny it or give some excuse like 'the boss is going to kill me if he found out his best assassin died because of me' or something."

He pulled the wire and put the wheel to a stop. She opened the latches to the window and pushed it inward. She loosened the belts around her waist and got inside.
The CEO's room definitely gave the CEO aura. Glass table, laptop, files scattered around, a swivel chair and whatnot. She switched on the flashlight and looked around.
"If it was me....." She mumbled to herself.
She pulled out the luminol and put on her gloves, immediately getting to work.
After a while of spraying, it was worth it.

"Jackpot." She breathed out, smiling. She found the cleaned up blood scattered on the wall. Her instinct was right, he was murdered.

"Clyde. Someone's coming to the 17th floor." Carson infromed. Clyde cursed and adjusted his black cap. "Cut the power to the lift and the room she's in. Now."

"On it. He should be stuck inside any moment now."

He walked inside the building and went straight to the front desk. "I've been called because there were some electricity problems."
The woman scrunched her brows in confusion. "I'm sorry. There's​ nothing that happened like that"
"You're mistaken." He said.

"Like I said-" she was interrupted by a call.

"Hello?.....ah yes..okay..." She put down the phone and looked back at him.
"Looks like there was a power problem. You may go to the 17th floor." He nodded and walked to the lift.

Tight security. Yeah right.

"Carson. Which floor is he stuck in?" He spoke in his earpiece.

"The second floor."

"By the time you let the elevators work again, he will start moving to the third floor. The elevator takes 1.5 seconds to open, a 4 second dwell time and 2 seconds to close.....and 1.5 seconds to go up a floor. I'd be around 12 seconds behind. He'd take around 22.5 seconds to go to the 17th floor. I won't be able to catch up."

Carson thought he was going to go crazy. What on earth was this man rambling about?

"So does that mean I should start the elevator or not?"

"Start them. Except let his elevator open at the 6th and 12th floor." He breathed out. Whatever math he did, he's gonna trust Clyde on this. The doors dinged open and Clyde rushed inside, pressing the 17th floor. If someone else uses this lift, he'll be far too late. Just fingers crossed no one decides to use the second lift. The elevator came to a stop
As the doors opened he rushed out, spotting a man in a tux walking towards the door, pulling out the keys from his pocket.

"Excuse me!" He called out.

The man whipped his head back with his eyebrows raised.

"I was called since there was a power shortage somewhere here, may I please know where?"

"Ah, must be the CEO's room. This way please."

"One of my colleagues already came here to have a look, have they already gone to the room?"

"Probably...I'm not sure."

He went to the door and noticed that it was already open. He pushed it slightly to see a woman with a torch on top of a ladder screwdriver the power box out. Clyde's shoulders relaxed. Right, she was Azalea.
The man walked in and took a file. "Finish your business as soon as possible and leave." Clyde nodded at him and watched him leave the room.
"Are they stupid or what? Letting random people in"
She said getting down the ladder, as she switched off the torch.
"How did you know what to be doing?"
She let out a scoff and tapped her earpeice. "I could hear everything. How lowly do you think of me?" She said.

"Not low at all. Believe it or not, the tests left me an impression on you. Probably why I chose to come on your side to find the theif during the tests."

She bent down, cleaning up the mess she made. "No matter how cold hearted or insane a person is, they wish for sympathy and understanding from atleast one person. That's the kind of weak creatures human are."

"Is this you finally admitting that you were glad I came to your side and trusted you during the tests, believing you were not the culprit?"

She put her palms on her knees and helped herself up. "Something like that." Clyde couldn't help but lift his lips slightly. And it disappeared in flash as if it never happened, returning to his perfect, but emotionless face. That was just who he was, his emotions hid behind his face. He rarely smiled, only when it was completely geniune.
However his cold face was in a way a special charm. He looked icy, distant and somehow, beautiful.

"Ah, I almost forgot." She pulled the ladder away, revealing what was hiding on the wall behind it, the glowing blue substance, revealing blood stains.

"So it was a murder. He killed the only way we could get to him. He killed the only person who knew what he looked like." Clyde stated, looking at the hidden blood. "Looking at the pattern at how the blood splattered, he was probably killed with a knife."
She nodded, agreeing with him.
"Carson save the surveillance footage on the day he disappeared. And let the power come back in the room"

"Okay." He said, his voice somewhat low.

Carson called up the officer. "Send a team to search for a body in any possible areas. We're assuming there is one." He cut the call before he could hear a reply.

"We can't stay for long. Let's leave before we seem suspicious." They packed up and Clyde opened the door, coming face to face with the man whom they met before, as he had a shocked expression painted on his face.