Chapter 9

" It doesn't add up...There weren't any signs of struggle, even though the murderer was in front of him....." Clyde said, looking up.

" Is it.....Is it William?! He was his friend right? Maybe that's why it was all of a sudden and he didn't have any time to react!" Clary said, her tube light suddenly turning on.

Azalea just smirked to that. She couldn't hide it any longer. She let out a deep chuckle.

"The person who killed Oliver...Is Oliver himself." She stated, looking up right into Clyde's eyes.

Clyde's eyebrows furrowed the slightest in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Everyone in this world are scared of death, because they're scared of being forgotten. He realised that if he killed himself here, he would be remembered, everyone will be thinking about him."

"That sure is an interesting way to put it..." Robert said.

"But how do you know this?" Clyde asked.

She slowly smiled that smile of hers. "Because I was the one who told him that."

6:14, in Oliver's room

His new phone rang, and looked down at the name, wondering if he should really pick up.

Amanda, it said.

"Hello?"

" Ah~ Oliver isn't it? I'm glad you picked up."

"What do you want? Is this the second test or something?"

"Hm? It sure is, well, it's going to be. Do you want to be the reason of the test..?" She said slowly, taunting him. He swallowed hard and closed his eyes tight shut.

"D-don't say sh*t you bastard!!"

She let out a little laugh. "Everyone's going to be looking at you, thinking about you, wondering what happened to you, only you, you will be the centre of attention....Isn't that what you want?"

"How?" He breathed out, before he could control that damn mouth of his.

"I knew you would accept darlin', don't be ashamed. I already know about your histrionic personality disorder. I know how much you can't stand not being the centre of attention. I know how much not having attention caused you to fall in depression, and how much that makes you wanna die......So why don't you just do it?"

"Do what?"

"Die." She whispered.

"What are you-"

" It's not wrong hun, you were suicidal so that you would gain attention, right? You wanted people to pity you. So die. If you die here you would have the attention you never had. People would finally think only about you. You would never be forgotten. You would be the reason for this test. You, Oliver."

"Yes...." He breathed out, as if he was hypnotised by her soft, sweet voice.

" Just remember to delete the contact name alright? And try not to leave any proof. That way, people would think of you more...."

"Yes..."

" Good bye hun, have a nice trip alright?" She laughed and the line went dead.

He texted William to fetch some towels so he wouldn't walk in.

Her words were ringing in his head ...

"Everyone's going to be looking at you, thinking about you, wondering what happened to you, only you, you will be the centre of attention...."

He went into his mini kitchen and pulled out a knife, her words crystal clear in his mind.

"If you die here you would have the attention you never had"

He stared at his reflection on the metal. Her sweet voice again and again.... occupying his mind.

"People would finally think only about you. You would never be forgotten."

-----------------------------------------------

"S-so you killed him?" Amanda breathed out in disbelief.

"Oh dear, no, not at all. He just had a histrionic personality disorder, and decided to kill himself."

"Y-you b*tch!!!" William screamed and ran at her. She swiftly moved to a side as he blindly punched air. She caught his arms and hit him on the head, and watched him fall unconscious at her feet.

"How can you push someone into killing themselves like that!" Amanda cried out, covering her mouth. " I just suggested him, in the end, it was his choice whether he wanted to leave this world for attention or stay in the shadows."

"You're horrible!!" She spat out, looking at her in disgust.

Azalea's eyes were shining, her brown eyes were brighter than ever " And you're no different from me."

She turned around and started to walk away. Clyde's eyes bored at the back of her head. He shouldn't be surprised. He heard about her. He heard how heartless Azalea was, and that's what's made her one of the best assassins.

" After all, you're just a disgusting creature called human just like me." She said to herself, opening her door.

-----------------------------

He picked up after three rings.

"Why did you do that?" Azalea asked.

"Do what?" He asked back plainly.

" Don't act stupid. Why did you ask Brian to do a background check on me?"

The other line stayed silent...

"Brian said he couldn't believe someone as careless as me is an assassin, he knew I was an assassin, that means he did a background check on me, and I've assumed that he did it for you, and it looks like I'm right."

" I needed to know why an assassin was here, especially an assassin like you."

Azalea grit her teeth.

"When I got to know you didn't actually pass the entrance test I was surprised, I didn't know there were exceptions like you."

" Shut up." She hissed.

"Why should I? It's fun watching a manipulater showing her emotions like this."

The line went dead. Clyde stared at his phone....So Azalea had feelings too huh?

She couldn't believe it. She couldn't believe she gets worried when she's around him. He was good. And she didn't like that. She didn't like it when someone could see through her.

----------------------------------------------

They got a message

________________

Azalea: 60 points

Amanda: 50 points

Clyde:50 points

Brian:50 points

William:50 points

Clary: 50 pointa

Oliver: ~eliminated~

____________________

She managed to get ahead of everyone, and that wasn't okay.

They loathed her right now.