~5~

I had told Nick about what happened with Kayla, and he broke up with her. That is not what I expected at all.

"So, since our parents are gone, let's invite a couple of girls over and play spin the bottle." Joe suggests as Nick, him, and I are sitting around the counter. Kevin went out with his girlfriend, Danielle, and Frankie is at a friend's house for the weekend. Tonight is Friday night and it is currently 6:00 PM.

"Are you serious Joe?" Nick spits his Diet Coke all over the counter. I race to get a paper towel and clean it up.

"I could call Ashley and Reese." I tell them excitedly. If I spun the bottle and it lands on Nick, it'll give them exactly what they want.

"See, Audrey agrees me with me, Nick." Joe high fives me.

"Fine. I'll text mom and ask her when they'll be home." Nick grabs out his phone and texts his mother. Joe and I cheer and I go to call Ashley and Reese.

"They'll be home around midnight maybe even one." Nick assures us as the doorbell rings. Must be the girls. I open the door to reveal an excited Ashley, Reese right behind her.

"Hey girl!" They squeal.

"Hey guys." I let them in the house. Joe and Nick are in the basement already so I lead my friends down there. Nick is cutely sitting cross-legged and Joe is laying on his back. When he sees Ashely, is face lights right up, Joe is licking his lips in the process.

"Nick, Joe. This is Reese and Ashley. Reese, Ashley. This is Joe and Nick." I smile, exchanging glances between both pairs. Ashley eagerly sits across from Joe, Reese sitting closer to Nick and I'm across from them. We're all evenly spread out, but I feel like I'm sitting alone.

"I'll go first." Joe states.

"Wait. What if like one of the girls spins it and it lands on another girl? And vis versa?" Ashley says.

"Well, technically Ash, you're supposed to be drunk while playing this game. So..."

"No Joe!" Nick stops Joe from getting up.

"Just a couple beers." Joe urged.

"Uhhhh......."

"Come on Nick. It'll be fun." Reese runs her hand up and down Nick's arm, looking at him flirtatiously. I glare at the both of them and Nick looks uncomfortable. Joe grabs a couple of their dad's beers and hands us each one. Reese and Ashley are very excited, including Joe, but Nick and I aren't as much. Actually, we didn't drink at all. We hesitantly look at each other as Joe spins the bottle first, taking a big swig of beer.

The bottle points to me. I can see Nick's eyes widen and he gulps. Joe leans toward me, clearly already drunk.

"Come on Drey, it'll be funnnn." Ashley giggled high-pitched at Joe's statement. I pucker my lips and awaits Joe's lips. When he puts his on mine, it's with force. I pull us apart and catch my breath, clearly he's a horrible kisser if that's how he approaches it. Then it was my turn.

I spun the bottle as fast as I could, praying it wouldn't land on Nick's brother. To my delight it didn't, but it did land on Nick, who wasn't drunk at all. Really the only ones drunk were Ashley, Reese, and Joe. We both swallowed hard and shook our heads.

"Come on you two! We don't got all day!" Reese yells, drinking more. We continue to shake our heads. I am not kissing my best friend. The others urge it, and finally, we do it. When Nick's lips came on mine, it was just a short little kiss but I swear there was some kind of spark. I didn't think much of it though.

"WOOOOOO!!!!" Everyone else cheered. Eventually, Nick and I took the liberty to excuse ourselves to the living room and watched movies.

In the middle of Nick and I watching Frozen, I had my head on his lap and he was playing with my hair. I picked up his wrist and looked at his watch, seeing that it was now 8:30 PM.

"Nick, it's 8:30. I think the girls should go home, but they shouldn't drive." I make him aware, looking into his brown eyes.

"Good call. Let's go let them know." He pauses the movie and I get off his lap.

"You think we could go out and get ice cream on the way home?" I give my best friend puppy dog eyes, hoping he'll say yes.

"Of course, Drey. How do I say no to you? Plus it'll make up for what happened with....you know." He smiles and ruffles my hair. We jog down the stairs until we see Ashley, Reese, and Joe. Joe's tongue is down Reese's throat and Ashley is on her phone.

"Ahem!" Nick loudly clears his throat, getting their attention.

"Time to go home kids." He claps, picking up the beer cans. Reese and Joe pull apart and look at us in disgust. Ashley gets up, almost falling over in the process. I go to help them both, linking their arms in mine on both sides.

"Shouldn't we get them sober before we send them home?" Nick asks me.

"Nah. Their parents literally do not care what they do." I throw on my beanie and Nick picks Joe up off the floor.

"I'll drive." Nick tells me, and I nod. I bring Ashley and Reese to Nick's car, putting them in the back seat. I sit in the passenger seat, waiting for my best friend. Nick finally comes out after sometime and my mood brightens.

"Sorry. Had to get some water into my idiot brother then I sent him to bed." Nick winks, turning on the car.

"Also, I'm going to need an excuse as to why Joe was in bed when mom and dad get home. On Friday nights, he's always up until about 2 AM." He makes a slurping noise and Ashley says something to him.

"I love you Nick." She slurs, running her hands along his neck and arm. That's when I realize that she's not wearing a seatbelt.

"Nick, stop the car." I sternly say. He pulls over and I lean over the center console, pushing Reese back in her seat. When I put on her seatbelt she starts whining.

"Okay, we're good." Nick nods and we drive the girls home.

"Elsa shall always be my favorite." Nick and I are sitting at Dairy Queen, discussing our favorite Frozen characters.

"I just think you have an animated crush on her." I tease my best friend, eating my Chocolate Xtreme blizzard.

"Psh, no. That's crazy." Nick sticks his finger in his blizzard and puts ice cream on my cheek.

"Nick....." I hiss, laughing instantly. The employees are probably thinking we're crazy.

"Yes Drey?" He snickers back. I was about to put ice cream on his face but then I thought about it another time.

"You know what. I'm not going to waste my amazing Dairy Queen on you. What if this is the last time I ever get to eat it?"

"Fine, have it your way." I hear him scraping the bottom of his cup, finishing it off.

"We're never gonna talk about that kiss again. Right?" I ask Nick as I finish off my own ice cream.

"Right. It was weird." He cringes and I laugh.

"Sameee." We throw away our blizzard cups and head home to finish our movie. And to think of an excuse for Joe.