~7~

I looked into the mirror as I put my hair into a high ponytail. I had on my cheerleading uniform which consisted of a mini skirt, long sleeve shimmery blue shirt with our school mascot on it, and two very shiny Pom Poms. I put the ribbon at the top of my ponytail and did a few poses in the mirror of the locker room before heading out to meet my team.

"Hey, Audrey." Reese and Ashley greet me, excitedly jumping up and down. They've been on the cheerleading team basically since they could walk. Okay, that's an exaggeration but, seriously, they've done it their whole lives.

"Hey guys." I give a small smile and Ashley directs her attention to Reese.

"So, I totally think Nick is gonna ask me out after we win tonight. I mean he's been giving me mixed signals but I'm for sure that he will." I roll my eyes a give out a big, giant, sarcastic sigh. Like that'll ever happen.

"But, like, what if we don't win?" Ashley smacks her gum and bounces up and down. I avert my eyes to the football field, seeing the guys running out to the center of the field.

That's our cue.

The cheer captain, the horrible Kayla, leads us to our spot on the sidelines in front of our student section. Ashley and Reese are excitedly murmuring to each other, other girls squealing over the boys on the field. Including the boys on the rival team. I just stood there, looking like a complete idiot. I catch Nick's number out of the corner of my eye.

28.

It's been his number ever since I can remember. Always his lucky one. He's huddled with the team, completely oblivious that I'm looking in his direction.

"Okay girls. Come on, get in position." Kayla instructs, looking excited. We start our beginning routine as the kickoff is started. I'm thrown into the air and twirled at halftime. As all the other boys rush into the locker rooms at halftime, Nick stays to watch my big move. Once I get put down, all my teammates kinda cheer me on.

"Thanks guys. I'll be right back." I jog over to where Nick is standing, just outside the locker rooms.

"Pretty impressive performance." He takes of his helmet and shakes out his hair, pushing it back with his hand.

"Not so bad yourself. Except you are in desperate need of a shower." I wrinkle my nose and look at my best friend's deep brown eyes.

"Still got another half to go kiddo." He smiles at heads into the locker room.

Who was he calling kiddo? I'm older then you buddy. I roll my eyes, shake my head, then run back into position.

"You and Nick were getting too cozy over there for my liking." Reese sticks out her bottom lip in a pouting manner.

"Best friends." I remind those two. I don't get what there obsession is.

When both teams come back out on the field, the crowd erupts in an uproar of loud cheers. My team and I stand up and face the bleachers, ready to perform.

"Go Wolves!" We all cheer in chorus. After the cheer, Reese, Ashley, and I just stand watching the game.

"Nick is sooo dreamy." Ashley coos as my best friend runs the fourth touchdown for the team to the end zone.

"And Nick Jonas scores another touchdown!" The announcer excitedly says through the loud speakers surrounding the field. Nick runs back to our side and his team pats him hard on the back. I hear Nick's mom yelling in the stands.

"Woooooo you go Nick! That's my son!" She's screaming her head off. I laugh, but no one else catches it. Joe and Frankie are just sitting next to her, looking embarrassed. I wonder where Kevin is? Probably with his girlfriend.

"That was an awesome win Nicky." I go up to him as everyone meets their son, boyfriend, or relative from the teams on the field.

"Thanks Drey." His helmet is off and he looks so cute with his hair all messy and wet. He pulls me in for a hug and it's full of sweat, but also love I can tell. When we pull away he wraps his arm around my waist and Nick's lips land on mine. When we break the short kiss he immediately apologized.

"Sorry I just-" I cut him off by jumping into his arms and giving him a much deeper kiss.
I could get used to this.

And it's done! I know that was like a super short, and not very eventful, book but I had the idea and needed to write it. I hope you guys enjoyed this short story. Teen fiction books should be coming in the near future!