~8~

"Congratulations to the class of 2009!" The principal said into the microphone, and we all threw our caps into the air, cheering. I found my best friend in the crowd, going over and hugging him tight.

"We did it!" I said to him and his lips went on mine. It still gave me butterflies. And I still couldn't believe I was dating my best friend. Our one year anniversary was coming up shortly too.

"I know! Finally, school is over." He laughed and threw his head back. His parents found us, and his brothers were following them. We all exchanged hugs, and congratulations and you're welcomes.

"Drey and I are gonna go and do something. We'll meet you all at home." Nick said to his family, and grabbed my hand. Him and I made our way through the crowd and found our caps, holding them as we made our way to the senior high wing. I was confused as to what we were doing. He opened the locker I'd had as a junior, and pulled out a little box. He handed me a card and I opened it with a confused look.

First off, happy graduation! I love you so much Drey, and am so happy to call you my best friend. Here's a little gift to prove that I will love you forever, and always.

He opened the little box, and a promise ring was inside. I gasped, tears coming to my eyes. Him and I very well knew what the next step after this was. Hopefully.

"I promise to always love, and stay faithful to you Audrey. I'll always be there to pick you up when you fall, and I'll be your shoulder to cry on when you need it. I promise to tell you how beautiful you are every single day, and mean it every time. I promise to never lie to you, and to love you unconditionally. I love you so much." By now, I was in tears, and I smiled at him. Nick took the ring from the box and put it on my finger where a wedding ring would be.

"I love you so much." I said, throwing my arms around his neck and hugging him tightly. His arm came around my middle, and he kissed my hair.

"Ready to go home?"

I released my embrace on him, before shaking my head no. I grabbed his hand and led him so I could go find Reese and Ashley. Once I found them, they squealed in delight when they saw us. Our friendship has gotten stronger over our senior year, and they were some of my best friends. Right away, Ashley saw the ring on my finger.

"Relax, it's not an engagement ring." I laughed and she seemed to breathe a sigh of relief. Nick winked beside me.

"Not yet anyway." I blushed and they giggled.

"I just wanted to tell you guys congratulations and we will definitely be staying in touch, trust me. I love you guys." I took my hand from his and hugged the girls.

"We love you too." They said in unison, hugging me tightly. We let go of one another, and Nick and I went out to his truck. I slipped off my gown, putting it in the backseat, along with my cap. Him and I got in the vehicle and he started it to life. I put my hand on the center console, and he picked it up, kissing the back of it.

Once we were home, I went to my bedroom. I've lived with the Jonas' ever since my mother officially kicked me out, and I haven't had any contact with her since. She didn't even have the decency to come to my graduation. I flopped on my bed, sighing in happiness. Then I had a great idea. I went to my closet and pulled a photo album off the shelf, flipping through it quickly. It held old photos of the Jonas' and even me.

"Nicky!" I yelled, racing downstairs. I saw him heading down into the basement and I ran to him, showing him the album. He groaned and threw his head back.

"That old thing? We haven't looked in that in years Drey." He laughed.

"I know, but let's look in it now. Come on." I led him into the basement and we sat on the sectional couch together, and I opened the album.