Big News

You sat there on the couch on edge, twiddling your thumbs. You had to get it off your chest and tell someone. You were so excited and nervous at the same time. You had already told Nat before you were even sure but now that it was certain, you wanted to tell everyone. You were just too nervous to tell Bucky.

As if on cue Steve walked into the room.
"Hey Kelly, what's up?" He asked kindly when he noticed you sitting there.
"Oh God Steve, what's not up." You blurted out.
"Why? What's wrong? Are you and Bucky algood?" He asked in concern and came to sit beside you.
"Yeah yeah no we're fine." You assured him. "I just, can I tell you something but you have to promise not to tell anyone until I say so?" You asked.
"Yeah sure what is it?" He replied.
"Okay." You huffed. "I'm pregnant."
"What? That's great Kelly! Congratulations!" He exclaimed and pulled you into a hug.
"Thanks." You beamed.
"So, why haven't you told Buck? You know he really wants a family." He pointed out.
"I know, we've talked about it." You said thoughtfully as you remembered how much he wanted kids.

You bolted to the bathroom reaching the toilet just in time to vomit. Bucky followed close behind and held your hair back and rubbed your back. You panted and caught your breath.
"How're you feeling?" He asked you cautiously.
"Awful." You groaned and turned to look at him.
His eyes were hopeful and he looked happy.
"What's up with you?" You asked slightly annoyed.
"Kell, you don't think your.... pregnant do you baby?" He asked excitedly.
"No Buck." You huffed. "I'm sorry. But I had my period like a week ago, you know this."
"Oh yeah." He said, his face dropping. "That's right, sorry."

That was six month ago, and even though you hadn't been trying back then since it was close to your wedding you had already talked about starting a family together as soon as possible, and now you were trying.
"I don't know. I just guess, he's so busy and stressed at the moment and I don't want to load this on top of him too." You continued with a sigh.
"Kelly, I reckon he would love to hear that. Maybe it would actually cheer him up a bit." He pointed out.
Then it dawned on you. "Oh my God your right!" You exclaimed.
"You should tell him." Steve encouraged.
"Tell who what now?" Sam asked as he walked into the room.
"Ummmm." You stuttered trying to find a cover up.
"Tell Bucky." Steve stated.
"Tell Bucky what?" He asked. But then he took one look at you and gasped. "Oh my god! Your knocked up aren't you!" He exclaimed and came to sit and join in on the conversation.
"What how'd you guess?" You nearly shouted.
"Look at you. You're practically glowing sweetheart." He cooed sarcastically.
"Whatever, that's all bullshit." You shrugged.
"I know, I know. It was a lucky guess." He laughed. "Oh man. Your boy is gonna be so happy! Literally just the other day he was saying to me how much he hoped you would get pregnant and how much he wanted to have kids with you. When are you gonna tell him?"
"Whenever I see him next today probably." You said confidently now feeling better from both of their encouragement.

Once again as if on cue the door opened and what a surprised, Bucky walked in.
"Perfect timing." Sam mumbled and you shot him a warning look.
"Oh, hey guys!" He smiled surprised as he walked over to where the three of you sat. He leant down and gave you a quick kiss before heading back to the kitchen to get a glass of milk.
"How are you?" You asked him.
"Stressed, we haven't got anymore leads on that Johnson guy." He explained.
"Oh man, really?" Steve frowned.
"Mhm. What's going on over there with you lot?" He called out changing the subject.
"Oh nothing much. Just.... Girl talk." Steve said with a smirk.
You glared at him now too.
"Girl talk? Ohhh sounds fun. Can I join in?" He said sarcastically.
"Sure thing your gonna love it." Sam invited him to sit beside him.
"Okay no but seriously, is there something I need to know about Kelly?" He asked as he came back over and sat beside you, worry starting to cover his features.
"Umm, yeah there is." You mumbled.
His face went pale.
"Oh no no don't worry! Its not bad!" You assured him.
"Oh yeah, your gonna love this one." Sam said cheekily.
Bucky just looked at him confused.
"Come on Sam, we'll leave you guys to it." Steve suggested and took Sam by the arm and dragged him out of the room.
"What is it honey?" He asked nervously.
You took both of his hands and his and stood up.
"James, I'm pregnant." You stated and broke into a smile.
His face dropped into shock. "Oh my god really?!" He gasped.
"Yep, your gonna be a dad!" You cried as tears sprung to your eyes.
He looked so happy, joy spread across his face.
"Your being serious?" He asked again.
You nodded your head laughing lightly. Suddenly he pulled you into a tight hug.
"Thank you so so much baby, this is amazing. I love you." He mumbled into your hair before pulling away.
He knelt down and pulled up your shirt exposing your at the moment flat stomach and brushed his flesh hand over it gently.
"Hey there little baby, I can't wait to meet you." He whispered, his mouth placed against your skin.
His hot breath tickled and you couldn't help but giggled at not only that but how funny and cute he was being.
"I love you already." He continued before placing a kiss on the same spot.