Author's Note

We've finally done it. We've passed the halfway point. We're over the hill. Done with Book 4.

I honestly believe I wouldn't have kept writing this if it weren't for you guys. I love my story, and I love my characters, but I don't think I would've had enough discipline to continue if you guys weren't right here, reading and encouraging and shipping. Thank you all so much. I can't tell you how much each of you touches my heart when you comment or vote or send me a private message about which ship I should go with. Thank you!

Writing this book in particular has been really amazing because I've started to see so many different thoughts and opinions on my characters and stories, and I love that. I don't know if it's the fact that Star of Gryffindor has been up for a year and a half now or what, but it seems like I've had more new readers recently than I've had in a long time. A lot of people have started the series while this book was a work in progress and caught up in a matter of days, and it makes me so happy to see that happen. New and old, I love all of you who take the time to read this series so much!

Now, I'm sure you're all wondering about the next book, so let me enlighten you. Book 5 is going to be called...

*drumroll*

The Spark

Publication date: February 25th, 2017!

Stay tuned for more info! In the meantime, enjoy the Q&A!

Questions:

Why couldn't Astra see that Albus liked her?
Well, have any of you ever found out that someone's had a crush on you? For the most part, we're entirely oblivious to that when it happens, until someone else tells us. At least, I am (yes, I know this from experience). I think it's got a lot to do with the fact that my default setting for everyone is that I'm not very important. That's not a sad thing (so don't come tell me that I am, because I know that to my friends I am important), that just comes from the fact that I'm an introvert and I don't socialize as much as other people, so I assume that people don't think about me as much. I'm not talking to people, so I don't see why anyone would like me. But I digress.

Bringing that back to Astra, yes, I realize she's not exactly an introvert. However, she doesn't have such a high opinion of herself that she assumes everything is about her. She knows that not everything everyone does has something to do with her, which is good. If you remember, she also didn't realize when Marcus liked her. She just doesn't see herself as the type of person someone would have a crush on, because she's not a super romantic person. She sees people as friends first, and doesn't notice when they want to go beyond that. So, it's very reasonable that she wouldn't have a clue Albus liked her until he told her.

Does Astra like pancakes?
Astra wants to know what sort of moron wouldn't like pancakes, so I'm thinking yes.

Why did you do a Triwizard Tournament?
Because I'm a horribly cliche person...

Okay, perhaps that's not why. At least, not the full answer. I did a Triwizard Tournament because 1) it seems logical that the wizarding world would start that again once Voldemort and his followers were gone, and 2) it helped the plot. A lot. It made sense. Why would Henry Camus Stillens pass up a foolproof plan like that? It worked for Voldemort. No one would expect it for just that reason. Why not use it again?

What are everyone's birthdays?
Okay, well, assuming you just mean the core five by "everyone," there would be:
• James - January 30, 2005 (currently 16)
• Colette - October 24, 2005 (currently 15)
• Albus - April 10, 2006 (currently 15)
• Wren - July 15, 2006 (currently 14)
• Astra - August 28, 2006 (currently 14)
Astra's the baby, funnily enough. Wren and Astra are still fourteen because term ends in June, and so this book does, too!

Dang... these kids are five and six years younger than me, though... I feel so old...

Hestia Carrow? Like the Death Eaters?
This question isn't from a specific person but I've gotten it so many times that I decided to just answer it here. Hestia Carrow is an actual character, from the Half Blood Prince movie.

Remember these two? They're normally just called "the Slytherin twins," but their names are actually Flora and Hestia Carrow

Remember these two? They're normally just called "the Slytherin twins," but their names are actually Flora and Hestia Carrow. Hestia is on the right. She was in the Slug Club in Harry's sixth year. She's most likely pureblood, being a Slytherin, and most likely related to the Alecto and Amycus Carrow, but in my world, they are at least second cousins, if not more distantly related. Hestia is not, nor ever was, a Death Eater.

Will the Ministry believe Astra?
I guess you'll just have to wait and see...