Chapter 5

Hello my lovely readers! This chapter is dedicated to all of the people who have voted on my story. I just wanted to give a shoutout to all of you lovely people. It's hard to explain just how much your simple clicking of a button means to me. Virtual hugs to every single one of you!

"Let's start with your name.  That should be easy enough."  Zoey sat on the other end of my bed, her laptop resting on her knees. 

    "Rosalina Kennedy."  Zoey's fingers tapped along the keyboard.

    "Okay, what about education?" 

I felt my chest constrict painfully.  "I had a scholarship to Harvard." 

Zoey's eyes widened. "Wow that's amazing."  Her voice trailed off as she took in my expression.  "Wait, had?  You mean you didn't take it."

"I never got the chance to."  I remembered that day.  The torn paper, the shouting, and then the pain, so much pain.  That was the day that my hell had truly begun.

"Never mind, let's move on."  Zoey said, her eyes cautiously studying me.  "What about the type of job you want to apply for?"

"Creative advertisement."  My eyes flitted to my sketchbook briefly.

Zoey spoke up animatedly, "I have an interview at an advertising firm next week, maybe we could both go.  Wouldn't that be just awesome if we could work together." 

A huge grin spread on my face as some of the stress that had been plaguing me washed away.  Just thinking of having Zoey nearby each and every day made me breathe easier.

"That would be perfect."  We both grinned and then settled down to get back to work.  It was an hour later when we decided that we were finally done.  By that time Zoey and I were both starving.

"C'mon, hurry up.  I think my stomach might kill me if we wait another minute."  I smiled ruefully at Zoey's exaggerated tone. 

"Didn't you just eat a whole bag of chips?"

"I'm a growing women, don't judge."  Zoey smirked.  I wasn't judging.  I would kill for a figure like Zoey's.  My genes apparently hadn't gotten the memo that curves were in and sticks were out.  I had gotten better over the past week.  Zoey had been feeding me non-stop and I had to say that I was gaining back the weight that I had lost.  Sadly, I knew that I would never have a body like hers. 

Laughing we both ran down the stairs and burst into the kitchen.

"I could make tacos."  My spirits rose.  Mom and I could make some mean tacos. 

"Sure, can I help?"  I smiled and started getting out the materials that we would need, telling Zoey to start cutting.  Seeing as I was handicapped, I couldn't do much but direct Zoey around the kitchen.  By the time we were done making the tacos, the counter was a mess and both of us were exhausted.  Zoey and I were messing around with the pans when Sam walked in.  Laughing, we offered him some of our masterpieces.

"These are really good."  Sam said as he took a bite of one of the tacos.  "Since when can you make tacos?"  He gave Zoey a teasing look. 

She laughed and shoved his shoulder.  "Rose was the mastermind, I just did all the heavy lifting." 

Sam's gaze turned to me and he sent me a warm smile.  My heart fluttered and my cheeks flamed an embarrassing shade of red.  I looked down at the counter.  Since when had I become so shy.  I wanted so badly to be the confident girl that I once was, but my eyes wouldn't move up from their careful study of the white marble.  What was it about Sam that made me want to either curl up in his arms or run away screaming.  I'd only known the man a week.  How much could he really affect me?